Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Fitbit Charge HR screen is not showing

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My fitbit was perfectly fine before the battery died. However, after I charged it, the screen won't show anything anymore. I charge it again in case I didn't plug it properly, I can see "charging" symbol on the screen but it still show nothing after charged a few hours later.. What Can I do?? I can see green flashing light when i charge it.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hellooooo there @sarahwongThanks for joining the Fitbit family! I moved your post to the Charge HR Board as there are more chances for you to get an answer here to your inquiry!

Hmmm... the display? Well, I'm pretty sure that by resetting your device 3 times in a row will fix this issue. Here are the steps:

1. Plug your charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Insert the other end into the port on the back of your buddy. Your tracker will begin charging.
  3. Press and hold the button for 10 to 12 seconds until you see the Fitbit icon and a version number (e.g. "V122").
  4. Let go of the button.
  5. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

Hope to hear good news! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
42 REPLIES 42

Hellooooo there @sarahwongThanks for joining the Fitbit family! I moved your post to the Charge HR Board as there are more chances for you to get an answer here to your inquiry!

Hmmm... the display? Well, I'm pretty sure that by resetting your device 3 times in a row will fix this issue. Here are the steps:

1. Plug your charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Insert the other end into the port on the back of your buddy. Your tracker will begin charging.
  3. Press and hold the button for 10 to 12 seconds until you see the Fitbit icon and a version number (e.g. "V122").
  4. Let go of the button.
  5. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

Hope to hear good news! 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

I had the same problem. It worked. Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Great news my friend @StewEh! I'm glad to hear it worked for you!

Hope to see you participating in the Community more often since I think it would be awesome for you to explore our Community, so you can go ahead and log to any of the topics that might be of your interest in our Discussion boards. Feel free to comment and contribute with your knowledge and experience.

Happy stepping!

Best Answer

Hi my screen isn't working either so I tried the fix but still not working. It's still measured my steps today- what else can I do?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome here my friend @Lorr1! Thanks for following my advice! By any chance, are you getting anything on your tracker's display when it's into charger? If so, I'd recommend leaving your Fitbit charging around 3 hours to make sure it has enough power when doing the restart procedure, which I'd need you to please try once again as it has been suggested above (3 times in a row)

If your display is still not working after this, please send me a screen shot of it. I'll be take care of this inconvenience my friend, no worries. 

Keep me updated! 

Best Answer

Thanks Maria but it didn't work. Tried several times and make no difference...

Pretty disappointed with the shelf life of fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks so much for your efforts in troubleshooting your Charge 2 @sarahwongSince this sounds a bit more serious, I've created a Support Case on your behalf - you should soon receive an email from Customer Support at the email you used to register with the Community forums. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to let me know. Woman Very Happy

Best Answer

Still no display after charging and 3 restarts- feint lines when button pressed inStill no display after charging and 3 restarts- feint lines when button pressed in

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Lorr1, have contacted Fitbit Support so that they can help resolve this issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the picture sent @Lorr1! I have done the same I did with @sarahwong, so keep an eye on your inbox for next steps. 

Thanks for helping out @USAF-LarrySmiley Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I am trying to reset the chargé HR of my girlfriend, but to no avail. It seems to be charged fully, but is not showing any information on the screen. When trying to reset it, if first show nothing, then after some time the empty battery icon, and after a second or two - fully-charged icon. Then the screen goes black and cannot be brought back to life. Most of the time there is light blinking from underneath.

Best Answer

Hello @CatonOne, how you doin'? Something similar happened to my sister's tracker, what we both did was what I suggested in this post. It seems that the battery is getting stuck (that's why it's giving different icons on the display), but this might be due to a empty battery, so let's make sure it has enough power for the restart procedure. 

You can also try using a different USB port. Woman Very Happy 

Keep me posted! 

Best Answer

Hello, MarreFitbit. I have to say that what I did first was that I left it to chargé. And I did try it with three different USB ports - two on two different laptops and one attached to a USB charger...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I see @CatonOne! I've sent you a PM, for follow up on this. Catch you there my friend! Woman Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did fhe reset like 10 x . Does not work, will flash the battery charging icon, shows its charged. V128 comes on the screen after each reset. Still will only sync to the app while charging & will not record any steps. I have uninstalled the app & removed the device from the bluetooth saved devices twice as well. Please help

Best Answer

That was the answer. Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My husband and I both are having issues with no screen.  We have done all the things recommended and nothing is working.  They are still tracking sleep and activity but no screen at all on the device.  What do we do now? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is not me. Not having any problems. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My husband and I are both having an issue with no screen on our fitbit. We have done all the recommended things. Resetting and charging for 3+ hours and nothing has helped.  What do we do now?

Best Answer
0 Votes