Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My THIRD Fitbit Charge 3 just died - anyone else seeing reliability issues???

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I bought a Charge 3 and it died within a few months. There were lines on the screen, and the display got worse and worse until it was unreadable. I received a second one as a gift shortly after the first one died. The second one didn't last very long before it died. The display would quickly jump from one screen to the next, and the device would not respond properly to touches on the screen or on the side. By the end of its death, it would not hold a charge. Fitbit replaced that one, AND NOW IT HAS DIED.

Is anyone else seeing such bad reliability? I'm very careful with my electronic devices and I don't abuse them. I don't swim in my Fitbit. It doesn't get treated roughly.

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

My first one just died on Jan. 1. I like it but after reading the reviews - will look for an alternative. Any suggestions?

Best Answer
No, I'm in the same boat as you. I like the features of the Charge 3, but I
need to find something reliable.
Best Answer

I've had two now do exactly the same thing - fitbit replaced the first one, but the second one has now done exactly the same thing... lines on the screen, then the display gradually becomes unreadable and then would not sync.  I then unpaired, but cannot repair again... but interestingly can repair my original fitbit charge 3 which is fit for the bin, but I had just put back in it's box.  So I do feel that there is most definitely a reliability issue here as have read numerous other reports of similar things happening.

I too love the features on the charge 3, but having had two go wrong within it's warranty and reading of others doing the same, I don't have any faith in its reliability.  I originally purchased the first on the 4 Jan 2019, so my warranty is about to expire.  I don't have any faith in it being replaced, as know that within a few months I'll just land up with another defunct fitbit... then it will be out of warranty and I'll just be left with a totally useless product.  So I don't know what I can do about this, as when I approached Argos previously they told me to contact Fitbit which I did... personally I don't think charge 3's are fit for purpose and it's a copout just being given a replacement for exactly the same thing to happen.

Best Answer

My device was purchased Nov 2018, July 2019 the screen done the same as yours, it was replaced, and just before Christmas 2019 my replacement done the same thing! I’m now awaiting my replacement to be delivered!

if this next one fails then I’m looking at a different device

Best Answer

I am now waiting on my THIRD replacement in 3 months. I purchased the Charge 3 in Jan 2019 and in total have had 5 replacements. Would not recommend. My husband has a Charge 2 and has experienced no problems.

Best Answer

Feel your frustration! Mine has nw completely died after 5 1/2 months. This is the third Fitbit I’ve had and by far the least reliable. Customer Service offered to swap for another $50. But not sure why I would send more money for an unreliable product. This one, sadly enough, is my last Fitbit. Moving on to Apple. It seems Fitbit spends more on new products and less on product reliability and quality. 

Best Answer

Me too. Had Charge HR and it worked well until it died just after warranty. Purchased a Charge 3 and it got the white lines problem just after warranty was over. I then purchased a Charge 3 with the ability to execute payments. That was almost 1 year ago and now the darn screen is dimming down to levels where it cannot be read in sunlight. 

Best Answer

Lucky I purchased my charge3 from Noel Leening August 2018 within 3 months it would not charge so got a replacement 4 months later same this time I have not got it wet and made sure I clean the back regularly.  Now the screen has lines and it randomly turns off and on so I’m about to return it.  So glad I read your story I was starting to get paranoid that it’s me can’t be the watch I’ve never experienced so much trouble yet my charge 2 lasted 4 years with no hassles 

Best Answer
I gave up and purchased an Apple

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Best Answer

yes, Mine worked perfectly for 3 months, but now only holds a charge for 24 hours and today started buzzing constantly, won’t recharge, screen blank with a red light on the back . From the other replies it looks like I’ll be sending it for repairs a few times and then buying a different brand after the warranty expires!

Moderator edit: format. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have also had the second Charge 3 fail on me. The first had display issues and the second just stopped tracking heart rate and sleep and could not be fixed. They have offered money off a new Fitbit but I am concerned that the same thing will happen even with a later model. 

Best Answer
0 Votes