Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My charge 3 has a black screen.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My charge 3 has a black screen.

I tried:

- changing the clock face multiple times

- pressing the side button to restart it several times

- charging it to 100%

As it is completely black I can’t get to the settings feature on the watch to see the brightness.

It’s still recording data but not displaying it. 

Please help.🥺

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
32 REPLIES 32

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @VertiGal.

I'm sorry to hear that your Fitbit Charge 3 screen is not working. Thank you for the information provided and for trying to resolve the issue before contacting us.

In addition to performing a regular restart and changing the clock face, please try a long restart by following the next steps:

1. Connect the device to the charging cable. 
  2. While the device is plugged into the charging cable, press and hold the button down for 15 seconds. 
  3. The device turns on and shows a battery icon. Two vibrations occur: first a short vibration, then a medium vibration. 
  4. The device turns off.
  5. The device turns on and shows a progress bar and short vibrations occur. The progress bar completes. Note: A total of 7 short vibrations occur. 
  6. Remove the device from the charging cable. The device shuts down.
  7. Important: Plug the device into the charging cable again.

Please let us know if you have any question.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried that and it didn’t work. I still have a black screen. 

What’s next? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue, is there a resolution?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same for me. Did an update last week. Did that kill it? New for mothers day 2019. Should last longer than 18 months. I didn't work it to death, that's for sure. Looking forward to a fix. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here. I tried a regular restart and a long restart to no avail.  Mine is just over 3 months old!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Charge 3 just over three months old. Yesterday the screen went blank and it stopped tracking and doesn’t vibrate.  I have fully charged it and tried a regular restart and a long restart.  Nothing works, this is extremely disappointing. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry to hear this, @Clenko11 - You’ve done some good troubleshooting. Did you purchase this Charge 3 from Fitbit.com or from an authorized dealer? If yes, it is under warranty and you should contact Support. If not, then I would contact whomever sold the device to you. 

Best Answer

It's great to see you in the Fitbit Community @VertiGal @PAVSGM @Lauriex3 @Clenko11 @SunsetRunner.

Thank you for following our troubleshooting steps and for the information provided.

@VertiGal, I noticed that you've been in touch with Customer Support. I'm pretty sure they will do their best to provide a high level of support. Thank you for your patience.

@PAVSGM @Lauriex3 @Clenko11, to evaluate this situation, I created a case with Customer Support. Please check your inbox on the next days. They will let you know how to proceed as soon as possible.

@SunsetRunner, thanks for your support.

If you have any question, please let us know.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@EdsonFitbit Thank you for the follow up. I’ll wait to hear from customer support by email and take it from there. Cheers! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you @EdsonFitbit  for your help. I look forested to hearing something. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, from Walmart 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your responses @VertiGal @Lauriex3 @Clenko11.

Our team will get in touch with you as soon as possible. Please keep an eye on your inbox.

On another note, you are welcome to visit the Health & Wellness board to talk with other members about health and fitness.

Best Answer
0 Votes

What exactly are we waiting for in our inbox?  It’s been days and no one has contacted me.  This is not normal.  A 3 month old device just died. Can I I get it replaced, or just shop elsewhere?

Best Answer

Must admit I’m a bit fed up with this - mine has been black for a week - it’s obviously an issue with this charge 3 as so many people are reporting it 

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Hannahcf28.

Thank you for reporting this issue with your Fitbit Charge 3. I just sent this information to Customer Support. 

@Hannahcf28 @Clenko11, our team will get in touch with you soon. Please keep an eye on your inbox during the next days. Thank you for your patience. 

If you have any question, please let us know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is exactly the same and getting no where with it. I have tried everything suggested numerous times. 

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Hshoey.

Thank you for trying our recommendations before contacting us.

To evaluate this situation I created a case with Customer Support. Please check your inbox over the next days. They will get in touch with you as soon as possible.

Best Answer

@EdsonFitbit It’s been a week and I’ve not received any message. I noticed my fitbit failed to track a nap and I use this device to help me manage my CFS/ME symptoms. It’s great when it works but this is poor customer service for when it stops working. The promise of a message to work it out but never sending a message is very unprofessional. 

Best Answer
Same here.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes