Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My experience with Charge 3 and Customer Service

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My charge 3 is dim after update and I can’t see it outside at all. The screen is set to normal and dnd and sleep is not on. I’ve reset it at least 4 times. I’ve changed the clock face and that didn’t help. I spoke to customer support and since it’s not under warranty anymore they can’t help. Lots of people are having the same problem after the last update. They gave me a discount code to buy a new one. Not sure I’m going to get another Fitbit. I’ve had 3 in the past 5 years and 2 had problems. They are too expensive to throw away after a year and a half.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Hi there, @emwills. Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums. We‘re taking your comments and sentiments in regards to our products and services into consideration.

Thanks for your question about why we offered a discount towards a new Fitbit product instead of a replacement of your existing Fitbit product. Our limited warranty provides repair or replacement of products that have a defect while still in the warranty period. Your device is out of the warranty period, and therefore is not eligible for repair or replacement, but we want to offer you a discount to thank you for your loyalty to Fitbit.

For more information about our warranty, see fitbit.com/legal/returns-and-warranty.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

The problem doesn't seem to be with the fitbit itself, it's with the update since a lot of people have had the same problem. Fitbit caused the problem and is now expecting people to buy new ones and throw out working devices. Why not look at the update and see what happened? There seems to be no way to do a factory reset so the update would be gone.

Best Answer