Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My experience with Charge 3 devices

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I first purchased a Chage 3 in August 2020, and less than 3 years later, my 3rd unit (2nd replacement) unit is now not working.

All 3 units have had different faults that have caused them to stop working.  I have received great support from the fitbit advisers, and I was surprised to receive 2 replacement units.

However, the fact that the latest unit only worked for 10 months I was expecting a similar level of support and service. This time I am told that I do not qualify for a replacement but instead they are offering a 35% discount on a new purchase. 

Having such a low level of confidence that fitbit can manufacture a reliable unit that lasts more than 1 year ( I would expect 5 or 6 year minimum), I don't know what they would expect me to purchase another . I feel really let down.

Has anyone else had a similarly poor experience, or is there anyone out there that has a tracker that is at least 5 years old?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

It seems uncommon for the Fitbit to last for the amount of time that would normally be expected; my charge 3 was replaced once due to a dim display, and the replacement eventually did the same only worse, becoming entirely invisible.

I continued to use it without ever looking at the display, using it entirely from the sync data from the phone. One day it had problems syncing, and then I made the fatal mistake of removing it from my account in an attempt to re-add it to restore operation.  Forgot that it will then require entry of a 4 digit code, which is not guessable in the time I was willing to spend.

So it's now become entirely unusable, and I also got the same assistance of a discount, which is basically the same price as offered as a periodic sale price.

It's odd that all their products across the board have the same display issues, and I haven't seen any explanation anywhere if why they fail with such clockwork regularity. I was looking for other models that they may have corrected it, but invariably they all have similar issues, so it's not a matter of going for a newer model.  I had to wonder if it's planned obsolescence or a design issue where the hardware is just shortlived.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Wingerr

My current unit has a black screen but is still visible via the app, so I'll take heed and not try any disconnections from the app. 

I can't see the problem being planned obsolescence as I think it would be too tricky to achieve. It's not like they stop supporting updates.

The fact that there are faults across the range shouts out, buy a different make. Once this one finally gives up the ghost, who knows I might try a cheap Chinese model like the ones sold on Amazon. After all, the discount offered by fitbit in their online store only reduced the price of a new unit to the price all others are retailing them for anyhow.

Then again, if they offered me a 35% discount and a 5 Yr warranty, I could be tempted to stay. 

Best Answer
0 Votes