Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My screen is not turning on

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I received my Charge 2 today and the screen is not turning on.  

The help form suggested I take the battery out for a bit and replace, but I am having trouble figuring out how to get the back off.

Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Actually the help card suggests you charge your charge for a couple of hours - sorry to confuse.

Here's a couple of helpful links for you to review while your Charge fills up @murph1313

manual   FAQs  Setup

Thanks for coming here first - be sure to clamp the charger on from the back and with the cutout hole matching up with the action button:

Your Fitbit Charge 2 comes equipped with a rechargeable sealed lithium-polymer battery. Charging fully takes about one to two hours from a USB port.

Charging Instructions

To charge your tracker:

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or a UL-certified USB wall charger. 
  2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port. 
    User-added image
  3. Make sure the button on your tracker is aligned with the button opening on the charging cable. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display. The battery icon disappears after three seconds.

While the tracker charges, you can gently tap it (the screen) to check the battery level.

A fully charged tracker shows a solid battery icon.

Community Council Member

WmChapman | TX

Ionic, Versa, Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, 3 SE, AltaHR, Flex2, Ace, Aria, iPhoneXR "Every fitbit counts"

Be sure to visit Fitbit help if more help is needed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Charge 2 shows to be fully charged but will not light up? 

Best Answer

@Wanwalker Welcome to the Fitbit Community! I hope you're doing well! Sorry to hear that your Charge 2 isn't lighting up. Where do you see the battery status? If it is on the phone then it will show the status of the last time it synced but this may not be true anymore. Try cleaning the contacts using cotton with rubbing alcohol then charge it by plugging it for a couple of hours directly to your computer's usb port (try different ports) or use an UL listed usb wall adapter. After this, restart your device and see how it behaves.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer