Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My tracker doesn't show the summary after working out

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,

I've had the Charge 2 for about 5 months.  I use the Track Exercise mode quite a bit, and up until this week, the Tracker always showed the stats after finishing an exercise.  For example, if I did a spinning class for 45 minutes, after I finished the spinning exercise on the Charge 2, it would scroll the duration, calories burned, average heart rate, etc.  I found this very helpful after a workout to determine the quality of that workout.  But, since Tuesday, my Charge no longer shows these stats.  Why not?

Moderator edit: subject updated for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the Fitbit Family @That_Guy_RexSmiley Very Happy I find it very helpful too!

Hmmm... very weird my friend. I have tested mine and it still shows my summary, so what I'd recommend is restarting your device 3 times in a row to see if this does the trick. Then, please keep an eye on your tracker's behavior to see how it goes.

Keep me updated, though! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
15 REPLIES 15

Welcome to the Fitbit Family @That_Guy_RexSmiley Very Happy I find it very helpful too!

Hmmm... very weird my friend. I have tested mine and it still shows my summary, so what I'd recommend is restarting your device 3 times in a row to see if this does the trick. Then, please keep an eye on your tracker's behavior to see how it goes.

Keep me updated, though! 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

My Charge 2 also stopped showing the exercise summary about a week ago.  I was wondering if there had been a software update.

Best Answer

Thanks for stopping by my friend @CMR_Centennial! Have you tried what I suggested in my post above?

However, answering your question, there's no any software update at the moment. 

Let me know if the restart helped you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, MarreFitiBit.

Thank you for your response.  I will try restarting my tracker 3 times as you suggested.  It seems, though, that the link points to a Google Doc.  Is that correct?  Is there a link to a web page I could use?

Best Answer
0 Votes

hi, @That_Guy_Rex, here is the restart link

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

Thank you, Julia.  That did the trick!

Best Answer

Hello, Marre.

Thank you for posting the solution.  As someone who works in IT, I suppose that I should have tried rebooting it first.  🙂

At any rate, it's working again and I have my stats back.  Thank you!  And thank you, @Julia_G for posting the link to the instructions for rebooting the tracker.  Hopefully they'll help @CMR_Centennial too.

I restarted it 3 times as you suggested, though I'm curious if it would have worked after restarting it only once.  Why do you recommend restarting it 3 times?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@That_Guy_Rex, for whatever reason, sometimes the initial restart doesn't work (my personal suspicion is that the tracker may not have actually restarted in that case.). I usually recommend an initial restart and then if that doesn't seem to work, try it two or three times more,  But for shorthand it can be easiest just to recommend the three restarts...

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did try the restart and it worked fine after only 1 restart.  Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm glad to hear you guys are back on track @CMR_Centennial @That_Guy_RexSmiley Very Happy

Hope to see you participating in the Community more often since I think it would be awesome for you to explore our Community, so you can go ahead and log to any of the topics that might be of your interest in our Discussion boards. Feel free to comment and contribute with your knowledge and experience.

Happy stepping!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi! I keep having to restart Fitbit every so often. It's annoying. Now sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't even after restarting.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community Forums @Sodsrus! Thanks for letting me know you've tried restarting your device. I'd recommend doing the following:

• From the Fitbit app tap the button on the top left corner and tap "devices".
  • Tap on your Fitbit listed in the menu and then at the bottom tap "Remove This device". 
  • Go into the Bluetooth settings on your phone and tap on "Forget This Device".
  • Go back to the Fitbit app, go to the "Account" option in the upper right corner and select "Set up a Device". This should start the setup process for your device.
  • Restart your 3 times in a row 

Keep an eye on your tracker's behavior during this week and let me know if this does the trick! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I recently experienced this and already did the restart. Now, after restarting my battery suddenly plunged to 15% from like 45% (before restarting) anyone experienced this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

This solution worked for me.  Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried turning off and on Charge 3 thrice.....didn't work...device doesn't display heart rate at all, only shows '--'  

Best Answer
0 Votes