Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My wrist band keeps breaking!

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After having my charge two for a week, the part of the band that attaches to the actual Fitbit broke. I got a new one, but it broke in the exact same exact spot. Would my warranty still cover another one since I just got it replaced? And what can I do to stop this from happening? It hasn't even been a month since I've purchased it and only seems to last a week before the wristband breaks. 

Best Answer
334 REPLIES 334
Best Answer

I bought the same band and have had it for about 2 months, and it is more comfortable than the original band. It occasionally snags on clothing, so I take it off to put on a sweater so it does not damage my clothes. When I jogged on the treadmill for about 2 miles it began to irritate my skin because of the constant movement and perspiration, but the rest of the time, including while sleeping, it is very comfortable. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have have the same problem. I’m on my second Fitbit Alta, just emailed today about the band issue, 2 have already broken .. it pops off where it attaches to the unit. I had the same issue with the first one I owned. They kept replacing bands until it was out of warranty. Then they offered a discount. Nope. I shouldn’t have to buy bands for something barely or just a year old, much less ones that last 6 months if you’re lucky. I love the Fitbit, but the bands  are junk. After this one is out of warranty and the band breaks again, I will be done with Fitbit unfortunately.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I agree with you. I actually found a metal band on amazon that had worked. I have been really disappointed, though, in Fitbit’s inarrention to this design flaw. Their technology may be good, but it is useless if one can’t wear it.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I just bought a clip for it from amazon, I can’t upload a pic though for some reason. Maybe that’ll be a solution after number 3 band breaks within a few months !!

Best Answer
0 Votes
They offered a discount as well but I didn't act on it because i didn't
have confidence in the product. An acquaintance has the Charge 3 and her
band was popping off too. I think i'll look for a different product.
Best Answer
0 Votes
They are pursuing my claim since it’s still under warranty.
They say there “is no specific indication of the lifespan of the band”.
🙄
Best Answer
0 Votes
When my first band broke, they did send me a new watch, but that band
broke, also, and by then it was out of warranty. After giving it a lot of
thought, I took them up on their offer of a discount and upgraded to the
Charge2. (I didn't need all the bells and whistles on the higher-end
models.) I've had this one for close to a year with no problems. The band
is a different construction and seems very sturdy., but like you, if I have
another problem, I'll be finished with Fitbit for good. For what it's
worth, my experience with their customer service was very positive, but
their product needs some work. You have to wonder whether anyone at the
company ever reads forums like this one.
Best Answer

i recieved this watch as a promotion.  i liked what it did...steps, heart rate etc. The band broke away from the watch in the first year; I called them and they sent another.  the new band quickly fell off too.  based on visual analysis... the watch's grooves are worn and the band just cannot stay attached to the watch itself.  The metal on the watch is too soft and getting a new band is useless... it sits in a drawer of other poorly designed junk! sad.  now my kids gave me a new one and [Ionic].  The way this band attaches to the watch looks even more cheesy.  It will fall apart no doubt

Best Answer
0 Votes
I think I'd try a live chat with a different service rep. They replaced my
first one (still under warranty) with no questions asked.
Best Answer
0 Votes

For under 10USD you can find a large assortment of bands on Amazon. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
My daughter bought me 3 new straps from Amazon about 9 months ago ( 3 different colours ) not one has broken yet !!!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I did get a fitbit 3? The band is a clothlike band that’s sewn on and looked good for awhile; it’s not breaking but it doesn’t look clean and nothing I’ve tried makes it look any better. I tried to see about replacing this band but the last person I spoke with said it wasn’t made to be replaced?! Whatever. 

Best Answer

I switched to metal bands, which are more durable, as well as a silicone band that's not as attractive, but that solved the breakage problem for me.  Now, of course, I'm dealing with a vicious rash that the Fitbit causes on my wrist, under the unit.  I've tried wiping the unit down with rubbing alcohol and then taping over the contacts so there's no direct contact with my skin, but to no avail.

I think I'm finally going to have to give up on Fitbit.  The band I could deal with, but the rash is one step too far.

Best Answer

Customer service is great while under warranty. They are very nice and take care of business quickly. They’ve already processed a replacement 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had a similar experience while under warranty. They just need to come up
with a better wrist band.
Best Answer
0 Votes
In my opinion, less life span when you wear it to bed.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I enjoy my Fitbit, I don’t like the thought of it coming undone and loseing it. It keeps breaking .my phone # is 540-294-0390 . Can I get it replaced. Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes
The watch has a notch/shelf where the band part rests. That shelf has worn
such that the band (even a new band) will not stay attached to the watch. A
new band will just fall off too.
Best Answer
0 Votes