Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My wrist band keeps breaking!

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After having my charge two for a week, the part of the band that attaches to the actual Fitbit broke. I got a new one, but it broke in the exact same exact spot. Would my warranty still cover another one since I just got it replaced? And what can I do to stop this from happening? It hasn't even been a month since I've purchased it and only seems to last a week before the wristband breaks. 

Best Answer
334 REPLIES 334

Same here! I think it’s a design flaw

Best Answer
0 Votes

They replaced my Fitbit for the second time.  (Both were less than a year old.)  My first two wrist bands were blue.  This time I ordered the black in the hop that it would be different.  The black one does have a sturdier feel, and it seems to be a bit thicker around the face, so I'm hoping this will solve a really annoying problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have had the same problem with my Fitbit 2. This is my 4th Fitbit in 2 years. I don't wear the band tight and there is enough room for my finger to fit around it but they continue to break. I drive continuously and I think that may be the problem, however it shouldn't be. I'm very frustrated and debating if it's worth it for me to purchase another one.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue with my band breaking. I bought a new band to try and the band will not click into place on the broke side. Other side clicks in fine.

Contacted customer support and supplied photo’s. Customer support said the “pebbles “ that click the band look fine and offered a new band. I stated I already tried a new band and that didn’t work.

They responded by saying even if the pebbles look fine they would offer me a one time exception replacement if I send in old tracker. My tracker is under warranty what’s the deal with the one time exception to a product that has a design flaw.

This is my 3rd Fitbit I started with the flex years ago and all the bands seem to have some type of issue.

Hope my replacement doesn’t break.

If it breaks this will be my last Fitbit

Best Answer
Hi - I am with you in terms of frustration with the bands. I bought an inexpensive cover for the band (it leaves the face of the tracker open but wraps around both ends. So far, my replacement hasn’t broken.

Good luck with yours.
Best Answer
Thanks! I’ll give that a try. Happy New Year!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

My wrist band keeps breaking what can I do to stop this have had two bands in one year this is getting aggravating may cause me to lose it

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine broke twice, also, and since both times it was still under warranty,
Fitbit replaced it free of charge. But the second time it broke, I
replaced it with a different color -- black instead of blue. The black
band seems somehow sturdier, and I'm hopeful I won't have the same problem
again.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Strange but true, change the 2 sides around. Ie have the clasp at the bottom or vice versa.. 

i admit I’ve upgraded to an Apple Watch. No such problems 😂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had my Fitbit over a year. I replaced the bands probably every 6 weeks as they break. I'm going to try a metal one this time. Really love the Fitbit just hate this issue. Will be upgrading next time this one breaks too

Best Answer
I ordered a leather wristband through Amazon. So far no problems but, it’s only been a couple of weeks. I do like the leather much better.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Well my leather one I bought last year just broke today 😡

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've used the Charge 2 for slightly over a year and the wristband broke.

And, to make matters worse, replacement Charge 2 bands are not available in Singapore stores. Now I'm stuck with a useless item that still need frequent charging. Smiley Mad Smiley Mad

The design and choice of materiel used seem to exacerbate failure.The design and choice of materiel used seem to exacerbate failure.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My original wristband broke after 6 months. I bought another one on Amazon after reading great reviews & it broke after 1 month.  I like the Fitbit 2 except for the band—it’s useless.  I wear the band snug, but not tight. If/when I get a replacement I’ll try loosening the band & see if that works. Warranty expired!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have recently seen the Charge 2 at Walmart for $128.00 on rollback from $149.00. I believe they also have the leather bands, so you don't have to go through the fitbit store.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I believe they sell the leather bands at Walmart.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks. 
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I may be forced to get a different tracker, but WHY!?!?  My FB2 works fine, but the bands don't hold up.  So...I'm unable to use the silent alarm, track sleep, heart rate!!!!!!!!!!!  

Plus it was a Xmas gift from my son.

Best Answer
0 Votes