Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My wrist band keeps breaking!

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After having my charge two for a week, the part of the band that attaches to the actual Fitbit broke. I got a new one, but it broke in the exact same exact spot. Would my warranty still cover another one since I just got it replaced? And what can I do to stop this from happening? It hasn't even been a month since I've purchased it and only seems to last a week before the wristband breaks. 

Best Answer
334 REPLIES 334
I tried a leather one.  Go on Amazon and see if there is one that fits your tracker.  I've had a leather one and so far it's holding up.  It's worth a try.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Fit bit gave me a sports one and it lasted longer

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
Customer service will help you. I received a total replacement and so far so good
It is frustrating that the bands are failing because the device itself is amazing
Send customer service pics of the broken band and they will help
Good luck

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

How long has it held up

Best Answer
0 Votes
I just got it Monday
So who knows if it will stand the test of time
I hope it does because I don’t want to use a different brand

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
That's the conundrum, the tracker is great but the bands are horrible. I
just had to pay for another one as my one-year warranty had recently
expired (again). I have used Fitbit or a few years now, but the next time
my band breaks I am moving onto a different device. The broken bands are
just too frustrating.
Best Answer
My band kept breaking where the tracker and the band connected, so I purchased a “fitbit band cover” on Amazon. They are not expensive and they slip on and cover/reinforce the band. (You need to know the kind of device you have to order accordingly because the cover slips tightly over the device and holds at the places where the tracker connects to the band but sill allows the tracker to show and the device to charge. So far the cover has helped. If your band is breaking there, it might help you too.

It’s frustrating to have to do that and I hope Fitbit figures something out. It feels e they have focused all of the R &D on the tracker itself and have paid scant attention to the band part of the device. The problem is that the tracker is pretty useless if the simple band doesn’t work.

The number of frustrated customers, customers who want to stay with them and who are begging the company to give them a reason to stay would give me pause.

Good luck!!!
Best Answer
The most frustrating part is the company knows there is a design flaw and they aren’t fixing the problem or replacing after warranty

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Totally agreeing with you.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello Everyone !

Thank you everyone for sharing your experience in the forums, it definitely helps Fitbit to receive feedback from the customers and helps guide the future développement of our products. 

To help keep the bands in the best conditions I would always recommend to check on wear and care tips

Trying out wristbands of different materials seems to be working out pretty well for many of you as well and this could be a good alternative.

@Anniemar, @Jts55, @cyrian I have gone ahead and notified Fitbit Support about your situations since your trackers are without wristbands at the moment. They will be able to check what options they have to help you as best they can !

Also if any of you need any further assistance please let us know !

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for emailing about the problems we are experiencing. I read the wear & care information again & saw that nylon & leather bands shouldn’t be worn to bed.
How can you use the silent alarm? How can it read heart rate & other info?

The band I bought on Amazon is Juny Fitbit charge 2 band. It looks identical to the original band that came with my FB2. Description says it’s a high performance TPE sports strap. It claims to be durable. From my picture, you can see where it broke. I can’t believe that tiny screw could possibly hold the metal piece in place!! My original band broke in the same place. What type of material are these bands?

Again thanks for your help.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Mine are small too............maybe that is the issue.  i dont know.  this is my 2nd band to break in one year.

Best Answer

Mine are small too............maybe that is the issue.  i don't know.  this is my 2nd band to break in one year.

Best Answer
My fifth band just broke—this is the one Fitbit sent me as a replacement for other one that broke. That’s five bands in about 15 months.

I found this new style of band on Amazon, where the Charge 2 unit fits inside a compartment, rather than has bands that click into place. It’s not terribly attractive, but I’m sick of replacing bands. This one might actually last:

https://www.amazon.com/X4-TECH-Classic-Replacement-Accessories-New-Lavender/dp/B01M8KVSCL/ref=sr_1_7...
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for pointing me to the Amazon site. I’ve had three bands break in the past year and, like you, am tired of replacing them. This looks like a good option. I wish Fitbit would come up with this kind of thing on its own.
Best Answer
I like that wristband on Amazon.  Thanks for the head's up.
Best Answer
I’m on my third band— it’s a replacement band that FB sent me.
I opted not to wear it to bed because I believe it puts more stress on the band.

Thanks for the info. I may need it if this one breaks.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Have a look at this option for a band I have one and it works great.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Moretek-Fitbit-Charge-2-Band-Silicone-Watch-Strap-Bracelet-Wristband-Acc...

Best Answer
0 Votes

wrote:

Mine are small too............maybe that is the issue.  i don't know.  this is my 2nd band to break in one year.

@Missy111 if at least one finger can not easily slip under the band, yes it is to tight. 

Best Answer
I can slip in 1 finger........oh well

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes