Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My wrist band keeps breaking!

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After having my charge two for a week, the part of the band that attaches to the actual Fitbit broke. I got a new one, but it broke in the exact same exact spot. Would my warranty still cover another one since I just got it replaced? And what can I do to stop this from happening? It hasn't even been a month since I've purchased it and only seems to last a week before the wristband breaks. 

Best Answer
334 REPLIES 334
I don't think that being tight is my problem.  It just brakes at different spots on the band.  My profession is driving a lot and my hands and wrist is constantly moving.  That is the problem.  It wears out and breaks.  I think the way the band is designed is defective.  Too many people are complaining about the same issue.
Best Answer

I bought my original fitbit 2 years ago. they have replaced it twice but are refusing a 3rd replacement. I understand as the warranty is expired however this is obviously a design issue and they should have a better fix than sending out more of the same problem! I am disappointed as I enjoy wearing my fitbit but am considering a different brand at this time.

Best Answer

I bought my original Fitbit 2 years ago. they have replaced it twice but are refusing a 3rd replacement. I understand as the warranty is expired however this is obviously a design issue and they should have a better fix than sending out more of the same problem! I am disappointed as I enjoy wearing my Fitbit but am considering a different brand at this time.

Best Answer
Agree...definitely a design flaw

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

As an engineer I can tell you this is clearly a design flaw. I'm an old guy and the band has broken three times in the same place. This is an easy fix if they wanted to do it, but I suspect they are going to discontinue the product and have no real interest in redesigning the band. It's good to know they are replacing the bands, but it does leave a bad feeling with me. When you consider the time the product has been broken, the time it takes to actually call Fitbit to complain, and the shipping times to get a replacement, I've probably not been able to use the product for at least 35% of the time I've owned it.

I think this is an excellent product, except for this fatal flaw. Some engineer and his manager need to have their behinds kicked. And whoever does their quality control, well I won't say what needs to be done to them. 🙂

Best Answer
I must admit that it makes me feel much better to hear that you - an engineer - agree that it’s a design problem. I share your frustration. Something for workouts should not be so “fragile.” Thanks for writing.
Best Answer
I feel justified saying that the band has a design flaw.
Hearing that a experienced engineer feels the same
I’m only on my second band so far, hope this is it
Good luck everyone

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I purchased a Blaze the second they came on the market. Exactly a year to the day, the band totally shredded. Although FitBit would not help me, Kohl's did allow me to replace. Instead of a Blaze, I got the Charge 2; at 11 months, the band broke and FitBit did replace. The new band failed in 2 months time. FitBit would not do anything about it. Because the band just "lets go" I have almost lost the watch several time. Time to make a change. Be forewarned that Kohl's will not longer provide any warranties or replacements (starting March 2017) because of all the similar complaints. You have to deal with FitBit directly. I am not sure what Costco's policy might be. So buyer beware! This is a fatal flaw in the product. I am not longer going to buy FitBit's. Too expensive and it seems like they might be in the business of selling bands? Product is good, but there are many choices on the market.

Best Answer
Thank you.  I found replacement straps on Ebay and it's lasted for a couple of months so far.  If you need a replacement strap, try amazon.
Best Answer
Fitbit did replace my charge 2
Now the second band is broken so I bought a different band on Amazon
I think a lot of loyal Fitbit customers are getting fed up with the less than par bands

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

It's too bad this is happening. Fitbit is a very good product, the band problem notwithstanding. Problems inevitably occur with new products. Design flaws, production problems, etc. When things like this happen you have to jump on it right away and come up with a solution. Fitbit has given me pretty good customer service, but there is only so much "customer goodwill" damage they can repair, no pun intended, when the product keeps failing. Management needs to step in and make a decision to do something. 

LIke others have said, Fitbit might be in the business of selling bands, much in the same way printer companies are in the business of selling ink, not printers. Despite the fact that I enjoy the product, like the software and its usability, I think I too will have to move on. It's a shame. Clearly either customer service isn't getting back to production, or management doesn't think it matters. 

Best Answer

I have had the same problem with mine that I bought in 2016, but because I had bought mine together with my wife. I used her extra band. we had a total of 4 bands. I also purchased a band off of Amazon, that so far has held up better than the ones from fitbit but ended up having a rash from the metal piece that holds the band together. I have had the fitbit charge 2 for almost 1.5 years. The company should replace this bands for free as they are a bad product. The bands are expensive to replace and they should no by now that the product is defective. The 6.99 band from Amazon has held up better. Fitbit would not replace mine but guess what? Costco will. And when Costco gets my fitbit, they send it right back to Fitbit which has to refund them. I want a tracker that with a band that will last the lifetime of the tracker. And not a company that wants to make money off an expensive product that is not well made. Profits before customers is not a good business policy. When I return my fitbits I will put that almost 300.00 to an Apple product. 

Best Answer
I agree with you. I’ve been very disappointed in the inferior quality of at least part of the Fitbit package. The band - in many ways - is as important as the tracker. It is clear that there is a problem with it and the company seems loathe to fix it.
Best Answer

I agree that wrist band is as important as the tracker and I don't understand why Fitbit will not acknowledge this issue with the charge 2. I need to start investigating new fitness trackers because I will not spend several hundred dollars for a product that will not last many years! Please let me know if you've found a different fitness tracker that you trust.

Best Answer
I have not found one yet, but I also am looking for better and sturdier choices. I will let you know what I find.
Best Answer

Same problem with the wristband.  I went through two wristbands on the previous FitBit model.  I spent many gluing sessions to do repairs.  When I updated to model 2, I expected better connections and durability.  Sadly my band broke in less than a year.  I agree, it is like buying a printer, oops, I mean ink cartridges over and over.

Best Answer
The metal magnet wrist band offered on Amazon is AMAZING! I paid $9.99 and it is beautiful, sturdy and much easier to wear and slip on and off. I wouldn’t pay a dime for another FitBit band!
Best Answer
I am currently trying A glue for plastic, rubber, and metal that is supposed to be flexible.
We will see if it works after overnight curing.

Thanks for your info. I will use that if this fails.

Brian Holt
Best Answer

My wife and I have had our FB2s now for a year plus and we've both each gone through 2 bands now. It is sad to see that this is indeed a problem and Fitbit is not attending to it.

What's worse is we live in the Middle East and a remote part so I've to travel to the Cities to buy the replacement. 😞

I migrated from Apple and will probably never return to it but I'll probably have to start looking at buying another watch.

PS: Who marked this problem as SOLVED! It is not!

Best Answer
I agree. This is not a “solved “problem.

I have had pretty good luck with this band which I purchased from Amazon. It is $12.99 and, so far, has worked for me.

Good luck

Maledan For Fitbit Charge 2 Bands, Stainless Steel Milanese Loop Metal Replacement Accessories Bracelet Strap with Unique Magnet Lock for Fitbit Charge 2
Best Answer