Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New 2020 firmware update for fitbit charge 3 (version 1.84.5)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

There is a new firmware version 1.84.5 in the list of updates for charge 3. However, I'm still at 1.63.5 and when I try to update the app says it is up to date

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hey everyone Charge 3 firmware version 1.84.5 was only released to a small number of users currently using United HealthCare Motion. If you are not part of that program, you will not get an update. I'll post a floated thread when the next firmware update affecting all Charge 3 users is released. You'll also get a notification in the app. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
95 REPLIES 95

It'd be interesting to see if any of the multitude of people who have problems with screen brightness, are able to perform the update and report back their results.

Best Answer

Has anybody successfully updated to 1.84.5? If not, then it could also be possible that the firmware is not live yet.

Best Answer

I think, its was about the sp02 enable for all user. Related to this post https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/SpO2-for-Ionic-Versa-and-Charge-3/idi-p/2304625

Best Answer
0 Votes
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey everyone Charge 3 firmware version 1.84.5 was only released to a small number of users currently using United HealthCare Motion. If you are not part of that program, you will not get an update. I'll post a floated thread when the next firmware update affecting all Charge 3 users is released. You'll also get a notification in the app. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer

@KateFitbit will the Charge 3 continue to receive firmware updates now that Fitbit is pushing out the Charge 4?  I got a popup in the app about the Charge 4

Best Answer

Due to the many thousands of people who have been told to wait for a firmware update to fix their broken displays, Fitbit are committed to releasing further Charge 3 updates. Unless of course they don't care about current customers or how they'll spread the word.

Best Answer

@thenameless1 I'm anticipating another update for Charge 3 sometime soon. 

@TheGrumps "broken display" is not a known fix coming on the update. You should reach out to customer support if your display is not working. 

Best Answer

Whilst the broken display has been resolved on my Charge 3 (after 5 replacements), I'm pretty sure if you read these forums there are plenty of people who have reached out to support only to be told that the problem is firmware and to hold tight for an update. Now those sad people are going to be sadly disappointed that they have been told lies and that their devices are probably now out of warranty.

However, hopefully they've moved on to better devices and will just recount their experiences to as many people as they see fit.

Best Answer

My Fitbit is virtually stuck and will no longer track anything until I update.  My charge 3 is up to date but it refuses to do anything else because of this confusion with the app update.  I’m regretting my purchase, and the money spent, as I’ve had nothing but trouble since shortly after receiving it.  Same with my other two family members who have one.   Nina

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

My Charge 3 still has issues with the silent alarm not working.

Will the update to1.84.5 fix this?

Best Answer

I know I'm regretting my purchase. I'm still within the timeframe to return it and I'm leaning that direction. To much money for something that won't do the things it says it will do on the site. False advertising imo.

Best Answer

Does the new update correct not detecting floors raised in charge 3?

Thanks!

Best Answer

I agree that FitBit's response to issue has been pathetic.  Surely they have more than one developer working on firmware but being in tech myself it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't.

Best Answer

Hey Kate,

any news on upcoming Charge 3 firmware update?

Thanks.

Best Answer

Where can i find this firmware version with 5~ numbers? 

The one I can see has a different format:

Firmware version: 28.20001.63.5

Edit: Oh ok, so this is based on the last 5 digits of the firmware. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

In the FitBit official page for the Charge 3, it said calendar app Coming Soon. Will the new update have the calendar app? You can't just false advertise...

Best Answer

Yeah this is my 3rd Fitbit device and this seems to be all too common. This is their way of pushing us out and on to the next device. I love e my charge 3 and only had it for , get this, just over a year (out of warranty now) and the last firmware update dimmed the display. It’s not the setting. It’s not user error etc etc. This is a common practice in the industry. Then support will offer a replacement or 50% off on the next product. 🙄 

nope I’m so done with Fitbit. They lost a loyal customer due to deceitful practices.  

Best Answer

They told me today it’s not a firmware issue. Support is a joke. They literally just follow a cue card. There’s no real tech support. They dim it on purpose so you go and buy their next product. Then it becomes a cycle. I’ve done this with 3 Fitbit devices. I’m done. 

Best Answer