Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New 2020 firmware update for fitbit charge 3 (version 1.84.5)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

There is a new firmware version 1.84.5 in the list of updates for charge 3. However, I'm still at 1.63.5 and when I try to update the app says it is up to date

Best Answer
95 REPLIES 95

I did the same thing. Can't find my fitbit and after multiple restarts, I still can't get the darn thing to display ANYTHING! It's tracking, but i have to check my phone. Probably my last fitbit.

Best Answer

It is really frustrating. I can’t update my charge 3 either.

ive tried restarting the device, unpairing, etc and it still doesn’t work. The update mobile app shows “updating” but the charge 3 doesn’t show the progress bar anymore and remains in the current version.

this is probably my last Fitbit.

Has the Fitbit support gave up on this? Why no answers? 

Best Answer

It guessing fitbit know exactly about this, but when you’ve just brought out a new model it’s not in their interest to sort the old version. 

Bet they think everyone will be running out to buy a new charge 4 😂😂😂 Not bloody likely!  I know this pattern very well now and like many people won’t be buying another! 

Best Answer

Yes, fitbit is very aware of the faulty product they sold. No, they have no answers because you can't do much about faulty hardware. Good luck with your device.

Best Answer

Is there any answers to this yet, feel like I've tried every which way and update fails!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I complained on twitter and that got their attention right away. They said
they were opening a case for me but due to volume would not be able to get
back to me for 7 days....so I wait...its only been 2 days!

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried multiple times since 6am this morning to update my charge 3.  Once it told me my fitbit battery was low. Problem solved it's charged now.  Then it told me to make sure my phone battery was charged. Again did that.  Then it told me to delete and restart the fitbit app on my phone. did that too. This is going on FOUR hours that I cannot read the time on my watch.  Yes it's a fitbit but I also use it to tell time and keep track of steps, etc.  the little line has been in the same spot for hours.  Now....I'm ready a million other people with same issue.  Use the computer and make sure all other bluetooth devises are not near.  Impossible.  What next? buy a new one? 

Best Answer

Has anybody had any issues with their Charge 3 after updating to the most recent Charge 3 firmware?

I updated mine and not even a week later started to mess up. Now it isn’t even functioning. It started off with the screen staying black and just vibrating and now it goes back and forth with showing a smiley face on the tracker’s screen and won’t even charge. 

Best Answer

For Charge 3 you have to swipe right on your watch until you see brightness and you choose automatic, dim or normal.  Choose Normal and it will return to where you can actually see it.  For myself my charge 3 will rarely sync with the apple 14 update.  Since it only syncs once every day or so then the time is wrong.  I wanted to toss but I loved my Fitbit and am miserably hanging on until Apple and Fitbit fix their syncing change.

Best Answer

It's mad; there are clearly major issues with the newest update.  On the official update thread everyone was posting what was going wrong and Fitbit just said, "Yay, we can see most people have the update now, we're going to close this thread..." and looking at the forum now it's just thread after thread of broken Charge 3s since people took the update.  I think they rushed it out without enough testing, not to mention ridiculous changes such as no longer being able to set alarms in the app (on the big, easy-to-see-and-use phone screen!) and forcing users to do it on the Fitbit (on the tiny, laggy, dim screen!).

I won't be taking the update and my feature request to allow users to dismiss the nagging update banner on the app home page seems to have fallen on deaf ears.  Either my sp02 sensor has broken or something in the app is borked as it's no longer recording that info.

The Charge 3 was my first Fitbit, it will also be my last.

Best Answer

i am affected with the last update too....my fitbit charge 3 is all blackout and just keep on vibrating when the button is pushed... i unpair it to my phone and the app asking 4 a 4 digit code... i cant connect it back since the screen was already blacked out....hope u can help me with this 1.

thnx

Best Answer

Mine is a complete brick. Fitbit also doesn’t care, as they want you to buy a new one. When you contact robotic support, they have scripted responses that don’t answer your question. Then they advise you’re just outside the warranty period so they offer you a crappy 35% discount. Nope, I’ll save for an Apple Watch or Garmin. Why would I buy another product for them to do the same exact thing again? Get your crap together, Fitbit.

Best Answer

I am starting to believe that what you are saying is true. This is the 2nd Fitbit style that I have owned.  The first being a Versa and now a Charge 3.  Both went bad within months of being out of warranty.  Coincidence? I'm starting to think perhaps no.  The first because I had been emailing them about the problems before the warranty expired they decided to live up to replacing.  On this one, the screen started having problems after the last firmware update but finally has gone totally blank.  Everything else is working.  I rebooted it one time and the screen came back for a period of time...now blank again.  I contacted them to see if there was another firmware update to fix whatever happened.  They walked me through some of the fixes that I had already found out on the internet and then emailed me to pretty much say 'so sorry you are out of warranty but hey!  You want to purchase a replacement  we'll give you a 35% discount.' I'm leaving Fitbit because when this happens multiple times...something is off.

Best Answer

I feel your pain! 

can tell you how many times i have had to reboot it since the update fibally came through.  Some days the screen is bright and clear other its dull. 

Best Answer

I agree and I just got an email with new challenges that require a newer unit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

YesYes...I've been involved in that vicious cycle also...

Best Answer
0 Votes