Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Charge 2 not starting after setup & fully charged; blank screen

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I set up a new Charge 2 and fully charged it.  However, it just has a blank screen.  Tried to reset it by pushing the button while in the charger, however, it just gives me a logo with the serial number and nothing after that. 

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

@Sue22222, if you are pressing and holding the side button while it is on the charger cable, you are restarting the tracker. When you see the logo and version number, remove it from the charger cable and it will reboot. Then, if you press the button, you should see a display.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried the reboot twice to no avail ,always goes right back to the fitbit.com/setup ??

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem. I have tried re-booting several times, deleting it from my account and setting it up again too and still a blank screen. Any help would be appreciated!

Best Answer

Hi Deb , already boxed mine back up to send back i tried evrything and just could'nt get it to go !Man Sad

Best Answer

I am having the exact same problem and tried all the suggestions. Just have the fitbit.com/setup scrolling across the screen.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@GeorgeS777, have you tried setting it up according to the instructions provided in the help article View Our Holiday Setup Guide?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, Larry, for the link. I have completed the steps mentioned in the link and still have the problem.

I am connected to my computer and it shows it is charged, but the screen on the watch still shows the Fitbit set-up link.

Also, I don't have access to time or any details. Plus it wants to update software, but I keep getting a "Could not complete your Fitbit Charge 2 update" message.

Any other thoughts? Or should I just wait until tomorrow and tr their customer service?

Many thanks and Merry Christmas.

George

Best Answer
0 Votes

OK, thanks, Larry, finally got the update done.

Not sure exactly what it was that caused the Charge2 to be recognized by the Win10 laptop but I disconnected it in BT on the laptop. Restarted the Charge2 a couple of times. Then suddenly I see the update happening on the laptop! 🙂

Yeah it is now also showing on my mobile Galaxy S5.

Your link didn't help directly, as I had seen that page before, but in digging I found things to do on the Win10 and finally something caused the update to happen.

Thanks for prompting me to look further.

George

Best Answer
0 Votes

Doing the same!!! Very disappointed in this product. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

am facing the same issue pl help

Best Answer
0 Votes