Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Fitbit app design - How to change it to the old one?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

my screen and icons  have  changed from green circle with a pair of steps  to a shoe inside a teal lozenge shape and all other icons  are teal

how do I change back to original view ....on my computer  pc its the original version  

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello! Welcome to our Community Forums @DBSV8 and @Leemont, I'm happy to answer your inquiries. Your willingness to help other users here in the forums is appreciated @SteveH.

I'd like to let you know that at this moment is not possible to return to the old version of your Fitbit app, however, we appreciate all the feedback regarding our app design. Please note that we're constantly striving to improve Fitbit products and services, therefore, we very much appreciate all of the input we receive from our users regarding the recent changes we're implementing to our app. 

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
92 REPLIES 92

It sounds like the new app design has been rolled out to you. There is a help file that describes the new features and how to find your way around at https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2435 

As it says in there, once you have updated to the new design you can't go back.

Best Answer

Personally I don’t like the new design. Visually it’s less appealing. I also find it more cumbersome to use. I’ll give it some time, but I may switch to a different app to monitor my activity, heart rate, sleep, water, steps, etc. 

Best Answer

Hello! Welcome to our Community Forums @DBSV8 and @Leemont, I'm happy to answer your inquiries. Your willingness to help other users here in the forums is appreciated @SteveH.

I'd like to let you know that at this moment is not possible to return to the old version of your Fitbit app, however, we appreciate all the feedback regarding our app design. Please note that we're constantly striving to improve Fitbit products and services, therefore, we very much appreciate all of the input we receive from our users regarding the recent changes we're implementing to our app. 

Best Answer
Hi thanks for getting back to me
I/m really disappointed to here this as my computer has the old version , much easier to use and far more attractive
really hope you introduce the option to go back to the old version
thanks and regards
David
Best Answer

I too hate the new design, which showed up unannounced on my FitBit Charge2.  The company moderator says we can't change back to the old design after we've 'chosen' the new one, but I did not choose it.  Is there a way to get the old one back at least until they switch everyone over to the downgraded one in a few months?

Best Answer
I fully agree I did not choose this new app , it simply uploaded itself
hate the new design
Best Answer

Unfortunately you can’t...I hate this new design but was told there’s no way to change back...it sucks! The new design sucks...I know that’s rude but I absolutely hate it...whomever thought it was good is sorely mistaken in my opinion...

Moderator edit: Format 

Best Answer

I very much dislike this new app that was spammed at me for FITBIT Charge 2. It’s useless, not intuitive and looks like a first prototype release compared to the previous app.

FITBIT must allow a return to the original app because this one is not even usable. Apple Watch is next now this new app has ruined the user experience. 

Best Answer

And NOW it’s not counting my flights of stairs! 

Best Answer

...inaccurate counting of 250 steps as well.

Fitbit, please take down this terrible "upgraded app" and re-post the original.

Best Answer

Hello guys! I'm here to continue assisting with your concerns, my apologies for the delayed reply. Welcome aboard @kwommack @Shrtnsazzy and @tcsharks. Thanks for your reply and update @DBSV8.

I would like to let you know that Fitbit is always striving to improve our users Fitbit experience with our products and services. We appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers, users and Community Forum posts because this information help us to evaluate our procedures. Thank you for the feedback and your patience with the new Fitbit app design.

@Shrtnsazzy Can you please expand on your flights of stairs concern? Is your Charge 2 not counting floors at all or you noticed a discrepancy with this specific data? When was the first time you experienced such situation and how many times? I'll be looking to your reply. Same for you @tcsharks

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do we as members and users in the FitBit community request to be allowed to switch back to the “old” version. The new one is not visually or aesthetically pleasing. It’s more difficult to use and we were not given an option as to if we wanted to switch to the new design. The app automatically updated for me. As a faithful FitBit user, I feel it is only be befitting for us to be able to choose which design we prefer as opposed to being forced to use one that is not user friendly.

Best Answer

Hello @LoveIndiaRae welcome to the Community Forums, sorry for the delay in responding your post.

Thank you for letting me know that you don't like the new dashboard design, totally understand that you're not happy with this change. Keep in mind that the feedback that is submitted here in the Community Forums is always appreciated because it help us to evaluate our procedures and make sure that we are delivering what our customers want and need.

Don't hesitate to contact me back if you need anything else, I'll be around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would like to know this also

Best Answer

The new design is lousy and fit bit must take customers or users opinion before any update on the look side 

Best Answer

The new version seems more as a downgrade. As there are so many negative feedbacks on it-would it be possible to reverse it to the previous design? Or to come up with a

more visually pleasing and user-friendly version?

Best Answer

Hi does anyone knows how you can set the alarm in the new app ?? I can’t find it ? 

Thanks

Best Answer

I wasn't given an option to change to the the look of the Fit bit App. It is pleasant to even look at. It looks like a prototype a teenager would have designed! I really hope you switch back to the previous version. Why did you change it? For as I know, there where NO complaints on how the Fitbit App looked. The original version was cool & colorful. Please consider returning to the original version! Thank you very much! 

Best Answer

I agree with everyone in this thread. The new design is a throwback. Now you have to scroll down a list to find what you want. It was so much nicer and more efficient with the icons! In addition, I don’t recall “agreeing” with the change. An update usually is not an “option” but a necessary change for security. If such a drastic visual change is going to take place, we should be forewarned of the consequences of an upgrade and be able to opt out.

Best Answer