Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Fitbit app design - How to change it to the old one?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

my screen and icons  have  changed from green circle with a pair of steps  to a shoe inside a teal lozenge shape and all other icons  are teal

how do I change back to original view ....on my computer  pc its the original version  

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
92 REPLIES 92

I didn’t choose the new app either. It just appeared. And it’s horrible. 

Best Answer

To get to alarm, It was two clicks. Now it’s 4. Click your profile pic, then choose your Fitbit, then choose silent alarm, then set alarm and hope it syncs. 

Best Answer

The old interface style was perfect. The dashboard was easy to navigate. Alarm and weight could be added with two clicks. Now it’s buried 4 clicks deep. I have to scroll to see all my info- that’s the opposite of a dashboard. 

How about let’s go immediately back to the old appearance while you work on whatever bugs you thought you had. I had no bugs. Now I hate it. 

Best Answer
Found it! Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I totally agree with you! I'm also afraid to change the music! I'm switching to Apple as well!! 

Best Answer

Strongly dislike new ui.

Best Answer

Can you please advise on how you do that?  Thanks 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

Having issues with new app - cannot search for friends or add new friends as everytime it comes back NO SUCH USER name - even though having tested it with family usernames and names already in the friends list. Anyone else having similar issues ?

Spent 30 mins with FitBit support on tel and tried various ways - still no success

Can we please go back to the old Dashboard 

Ashwin C

Best Answer

Hi - I went back to the old dashboard by uninstalling and reinstalling.  In that process, I have lost my list of friends under Community/Friends.  If I dive deep into the app I can find them under MY profile, but not in the usual place.  Also, my inactive friends are gone.  If I go to Fitbit Messages, it comes up with "check your network connection".....which is hilarious, because how could I even see the app unless I even had a network connection.  This all occurred because of the new interface.  I have scoured the message boards, and it seems, predominantly, that we cannot use our Fitbits the way the were intended - to have a little healthy competition.  If we cannot add friends - I cannot either - then what's the purpose.  Fitbit, you really stepped in it this time.  I'm surprised you lost 30 minutes of your life to customer service.  I'm glad you mentioned that, because I know there is no way I will contact them.  It seems overwhelmingly that there is no answers for us because they hired some jackass that said "Hey, I can give you a whole new user interface, it'll be great" and to validate his/her job, well, they fell far short of what we already had.  So tragic.  What I'm trying to say long story longer, is that you are definitely not alone. The disappointment is rampant, and Fitbit is NOT listening to its members/community.

Best Answer
I uninstalled and installed Fitbit, but in that move, I lost my friends
list. And on the Notifications, Message page (particularly under message) it
says "not connected to Fitbit, check network connection' which is a laugh,
because I'm not sure how I could see the app itself if I wasn't connected to
a network...
Best Answer

Thanks for the response Ricardo. But will our messages and comments get back to the powers that be that changed it to the new version in the first place. If you filter through these comments and see such a high number of us are displeased then why not allow us to switch back. We are the consumers. And a great deal of us may possibly switch to Apple or another tracker device. I’m trying to give FitBit the benefit of the doubt and stay but the dashboard is just so complex and non user-friendly now. 

Best Answer
There is no way to change it back to the original version. This is the
version they have selected for us. They are releasing the Fitbit Versa 2
around September 15th.I think it takes precedence over the original! We
have no choice. I'm looking at other fitness options!
Best Answer

Hi everyone, and sorry for the late response. 

Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to share their feedback here about the design of the new Fitbit app, as it was mentioned by many users in the thread, it wouldn't be possible to return to an older version. 

However, comments from users are always useful to continue to improving the quality of products and services, and the team of developers is working constantly to improve user experience. Thank you again for all your input. 

@Vanessa-dv, let me know if were you able to find the alarm feature? You should be able to see this option by tapping on the account icon > then Charge 2 > Then silent alarms. If you're not using Charge 2, the alarm setting option may be located on your Fitbit smartwatch. 

Let me know if you have further questions. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi I found the alarm and I got used to the new update. Thanks. Vanessa

Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi FitBit Support 

how do I get rid of old Challenges manually as soon as they finish ? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's good news, thank you for the update @Vanessa-dv😀

Thank you for your inquiry @AshwinC, this is not possible at the moment. As you can check here, this idea is marked as "Reviewed by moderator", but there are no other updates at the moment regarding the possibility to remove completed challenges from App manually. 

I do recommend that you vote for the suggestion mentioned earlier, this helps the team of developers to keep track of popularity and demand over time. 

Let me know if you have further questions. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit app won’t let me log in, I’ve tried deleting it and reinstalling it but now it’s saying my password is incorrect, I’ve also tried resetting my password 

Best Answer

It really takes something for me to post because, for the vast majority, nobody is ever going to do anything about it.  However, for the record, the new app (design and all) is UNWORKABLE.

Not only is the design a serious misstep by the company, it did not bother to even take consumers into consideration.

Further, and more important, go check around about all the complaints regarding syncing and notifications.  I no longer get notified of text messages or telephone calls.  I continually lose sync.

These problems are not one-offs, they are the result of an incredibly poorly run company.  I hope you enjoy your profits because, not only have you lost your lawsuits about the bands, you are bleeding consumers based on your behavior.

Now, can someone please advise how to get the app to sync with the device?  I have rebooted my phone, rebooted the watch, uninstalled and reinstalled the app.  NOTHING WORKS.

It appears I must do some research into a better option that syncs with my android phone, any suggestions as to something better not affiliated with fitbit?

Best Answer

Hi @Carol9019, I would contact customer services directly. There is a possibility your account has been hacked. This seems to be another ongoing problem with fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Like many others the forced new app interface was a shock. Don’t like the look or feel. Two issues. Like others. The stairs is off I do bleachers and find for every so stairs it loses about 3-5 depending on steepness. 

Second. Get rid or provide a switch for the spam “tip” that blasts us on the dashboard. Bad interface form when we need to check stats. Don’t need a tip I need my HR and Cal’s!! Sheesh. Get it off MY dashboard!!!  Give me a option at least!!! Pretty serious rollout oversights. 

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Best Answer