Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Fitbit app design - How to change it to the old one?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

my screen and icons  have  changed from green circle with a pair of steps  to a shoe inside a teal lozenge shape and all other icons  are teal

how do I change back to original view ....on my computer  pc its the original version  

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
92 REPLIES 92

Hello again! It's a pleasure to continue acknowledging the feedback that is posted on this thread, sorry for the delay in responding.

Thanks for sharing your comments with us regarding the new Fitbit app design, I totally understand how frustrating this change can be for some of you. Keep in mind that we are always striving to improve the Fitbit experience, reason why the new app design was made, however, your comments and personal experiences with such change are really appreciated for us to evaluate our procedures. Don't hesitate to contact me back if anything else is needed. If I receive an update regarding this, I'll make sure to post it over here to keep you guys updated.

See you around.

Best Answer

The app is hard to read.  I have vision problems and I cannot see the information on the new app.  It is making my Versa useless.  Are you offering refunds or can you make it accessible to all again.

Best Answer

Ricardo

obviously you not paying any attention to the comments of your customers - FitBit will lose me and many more like me that are unhappy with the changes to the App. Just advise HOW you can go back to the old app instead of patronising us with how good we are with feedback - we want results not fake news😩

Best Answer

Hi @Sarah99701, welcome to the Community Forums! It's nice to see you again posting @AshwinC, welcome back. Sorry for the delayed response.

@AshwinC Thanks for your feedback. As per previously mentioned, it's not possible to go back to the old app. After you switch to the new app experience, you can no longer access the old Fitbit app design, the old Fitbit app design it's not available anymore, the new app experience is a permanent change as you may already know. To learn more about it, please check: What’s the new Fitbit app experience?

@Sarah99701 I'm sorry to know that you're experiencing difficulties reading the new user interface of the Fitbit app. For any inquiry related to a refund process, please check our policies here

I'll be around. 

Best Answer
What are you doing for accessibility features? You change the font size so it is small and hard for the visually impaired to read

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I totally dislike the new dasboard as well and like all the others I don’t remember choosing it.  I update it as release updates are available as the pay keep saying “we are always finding ways to improve”  but with 4 months of people saying they don’t like the new dasboard, they don’t seem interested at all.  For some reason they now display the sleep graph based on sleep quality instead of sleep time .. yeast you set your goals as the hours asleep.  I can’t find a way of changing it back to sleep hours.  I can’t find the explanation on how the sleep quality is analyzed, but they will dive more into it if you pay to go premium.  There is so much wrong I  this dasboard.  It gets confused whenever there is a time change.  Like when I wen5 overseas.  Because we got there the same day we ledpft because we crossed the dateline, it seemed to be tracking and accumulating my statistics to that same day, which is fine, but the next day, it looked like it had eliminated a whole heap of statistics.  When the clocks moved forward fir daylight saving, it o et compensated the time I was asleep.  I woke at 5:00 am old time, however my watch was already adjusted to the new time of 6:00 am, but it had me waking at 7:00.  Now, it had my actual sleep time using this mistake.  My goal is 6:30, it thinks I slept 6:37, but I did not get a green star to say I reached my goal, so somewhere in the app, it is correct.  Totally getting ridiculous.  There are other “new” inaccuracies in the new app too.  Syncing is a mission. It either can’t find the device, or it tries to sync and then says it fails.  I have to end up killing the app, and resetting everything ... and if I am lucky it will suddenly work... I only wish fitbit would actually listen to all these comments, as these forums seem to go on for a long time with people having same issues, but nothing being done.

Best Answer

Totally agree... Fitbit calculating my sleep "quality" or my sleep "score" is complete... and arrogant as hell... they should stick to statistical display and stop playing psychologist... same as my complaint with displaying advice popups on how I should be getting better nutrition or usage... if I want that or subscribe to that great... let me select that "tips" from a profile... ut noooo... fitbit has taken it upon themselves to play Dr Phil with all of us assuming if we wear a Fitbit we must be idiots and need fitness advice every time we look at the device... sheesh... I guess thats why many folks laugh at me and have gone to garmin or apple and wonder why I still insist on expecting something serious to happen here *sigh*...  They are not listening...  we keep hearing from the fitbit experts "thank you we appreciate your feedback and will take it to our corporate feedback chain of communication"... ugggg I give up

Moderator edit: Format 

Moderator edit: Word choice

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Best Answer

I am actively searching for a replacement not associated with Fitbit.  I have had a prior post removed.  I have had zero response.  My fitbit with the new app has basically stopped working.  What is the use.  Fool me once....  

Moderator edit: Format 

Best Answer

Hate the new interface of the app as well.

Here is one I found to replace my fitbit.

Moderator edit: Word choice  

Best Answer

Ricardo you really like editing posts

Best Answer

@RicardoFitbit  is an employee of Fitbit and as such, follows the guidelines. We all agreed to the guidelines when we accepted the Terms of Service in order to post on the forums. click to read them

I'm not so sure he likes editing posts, but he's doing his job.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

I also REALLY do not like the interface. Fitbit. Please change it back. Wish I had never accepted the change. 

Best Answer

@MTnest you, like everyone else would have had this forced upon you sooner or later.  After a certain point there was no choice.

Best Answer

Couldn't agree more.  I love the old look - I stayed with the old and then last night - it just changed to the new one.  It's awful - it's just depressing.  Use to love filling in the lime green circles.  Had the dashboard set up so that I could look at it and see everything that I wanted - now you have to scroll.  Was looking to get a versa2 but might just change my mind ant get something different.  Don't see how this is an upgrade at all.

Best Answer

The new app seems to have gone backwards in its functionality ... there are more bugs in it than before and it is really mucking up my sleep data.  There was one night I couldn’t sleep very well, and got 2:20 hours sleep, but it put that sleep time to the previous nights sleep and stated I had no sleep.  It’s confusing because for Wednesday it states I had a good sleep rating and a bad one.  It also mucked up when daylight saving kicked in.  I mainly bought this watch to monitor my sleep as I do have problems sleeping, so if it is going to muck it all up, then it is a waste of time, as I don’t trust its data.  Quite funnily, it used to work really well on the old app .. so why change what works .. I don’t understand.

Best Answer
Mine just changed over last night.  One minute it was the original one and then it changed.  I hated it right away.  It use to be fun looking at it and getting your goals - now its just BLAH ! Was getting ready to purchase the versa 2 this weekend - but I am looking into others because of it.
with all the complaints - you would think they would go back until they could offer something better !
disappointed - been a Fitbit person since the beginning 
Best Answer

Hi Fitbit, with so many people unhappy with the new updated app, and this thread has been going on for several months now ... can something be done ... so many companies pay to get feedback ... the feedback you are getting here is should be invaluable for making your product better, so please can you hear these people and do so something about it.  I bought FITBIt for its reputation, so if you want to keep that reputation it would be so great if you could hear us.

Best Answer
It doesn't seem like they care.  They should listen to their customersI hate it - its just boring and dull The lime green made it fun 
Best Answer

We get that we aren’t going back to the previous version. What we want you to tell us is when the next version will be out that looks like the old version but fixes whatever bugs we’re complaining about and the ones that the company thinks there are. When will the engineers give us a product we like? 

Moderator edit: word choice 

Best Answer

Thank you for expressing that perfectly! 

Best Answer