Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Fitbit won't connect

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Just bought a Fitbit charge 2 and cannot get this to connect to either an iphone6 or 6s. I get as far as entering the pin on the charge into the app then it just says trying to connect. When I look in the iPhone blutooth devices list it shows it as connect then after a few seconds it goes into the other devices list before the cycle starts again of showing it is connected. I have done a reset on the watch and still no joy. Should I take this back for a refund?
Best Answer
115 REPLIES 115

Hey @Spunkylupe12, how are you today? Let me ask you, are you still having issues to setup/sync your Charge 2? 

@Gidg, I hope you are doin' fine! Remember that if you are continuously syncing your tracker (either with your computer, your phone or both devices) the battery will drain out faster. The battery of your Charge 2 should last up to 5 days with a normal use. So consider these tips when you want to conserve battery life:

• If you use the Fitbit app, make sure All-Day Sync is turned off. All-Day Sync increases battery drain on both your tracker and mobile device. To find the setting, open the app and tap Account. At the top of the screen tap Charge 2 to see your settings, then scroll down. 
  • (Android only) Turn off the Always Connected setting. Similar to All-Day Sync, it can reduce battery life.
  • If you don't need heart rate data, change the Heart Rate setting to Off. When you turn it back on, use Auto. 
  • Turn off Quick View. Since it causes the screen to light up when you turn your wrist towards you, turning this setting off may prolong battery life. To find the setting, open the app and tap Account. At the top of the screen tap Charge 2 and scroll down.
  • Don't receive reminders to move every hour. To get fewer reminders, make sure you walk 250 steps each hour, change the number of hours you want your stationary time monitored, or turn off the feature on days you don't need it.
  • Turn call, text, or calendar notifications off if you know you're going to receive many hundreds of notifications. A large volume reduces battery life. 
  • Use guided breathing sessions less frequently. Multiple sessions per day may reduce battery life. For more information see What should I know about the Relax feature?
  • If you have many silent alarms set, consider deleting some. Each alarm you add up to the maximum of 8 reduces battery life by a small percentage. 
  • Don't charge your tracker in extreme heat or cold. For best practices, see How do I charge my tracker?

Let me know how it goes guys! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

Its getting me mad that everyday i cant make it work right. my husband has turn everything off and put it back in. not to happy with this fitbit charger 2

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Spunkylupe12, thanks for your response! Robot Very Happy Definitely there is something wrong with your Charge 2. Have you already tried the steps on this post to fix syncing issues with your Android device? If so, and the issue persists, then I suggest you to get in touch with Fitbit Support directly. I'm pretty sure that they will find a solution for you. Smiley Wink 

Let me know how it goes! 

Best Answer

This is my second version of fitbit (Charge HR and Charge 2) so I am very familar with how to maximize the battery life.  It was syncing that was faulty hence my having received my third Charge 2 replacement.  But I HIGHLY recommend Fitbit's customer swrvice.  Not the email or Twitter version but on the phone.  They are responsive, don't mess around with trying to reset a failed unit and true to their word.  Great CS!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you Heydy.  Good questions that revealed problem.   Old ipads & PC operating system that all work fine but need new models!   I ended up syncing with Dad's iphone6+ on my account instead of his.   This is a good work around but a bit annoying.   I'm going to ask Santa for some new kit!  Thanks for your help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I too had to use my dad's iphone 6+.   This is due to older PC and my older ipad.   All work well and can have app, just need to sync each time on dad's phone.   Good reason to get some new technology/hardware now!  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Gidg, it is great to see you around! Smiley Happy Sounds great that our Customer Support met your expectations and I think that even if you contact them via e-mail or twitter, you'll receive an excellent service, but you'll get a faster response when you contact them via phone. 

@Magoo2006, it is pretty cool that your tracker is syncing with your dad's iPhone 6. But let me ask you, which iPad model do you have? 'cause depending on the model, it could not be a compatible device. Now regarding the computer, remember that Windows XP is the oldest operation system that runs Fitbit connect. If you have it, you can follow the instructions on this post if you still having syncing issues. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Best Answer

When I have both my ipad and iphone's bluetooth on one or the other will not sync.
I have to manually turn off the bluetooth of one. Since I mostly have my ipad on does this mean I dont see texts and calls on Charge 2?

Best Answer
0 Votes

WElcome to my world. I was so excited to get mine for Christmas, and I have been going through similar frustrations. First, I found out my phone is not worthy (compatible), so I downloaded the app to my Windows 10 computer and had the same problems as you did. I also got my stepson to download the app to his Nexus 6p, and it didn't work there, either. I'm going to be talking to customer service today. Good luck with yours!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jeslive  You are correct in having to turn off bluetooth on one device.  They can only pair to one device at a time.  If your iPad is capable of receiving calls/texts, then it should forward to your tracker. If not, then when connected to the iPad, you will not receive those alerts.

Kelly | Oklahoma
Alta HR, Blaze, Flex 2, Charge 2, Charge, and Aria * IPhone 7+

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, its been frutrating because my ipad and phone are usually in my vicinity all the time.  Hopefully apple and fitbit can come up with a fix...if you can have other bt  connected devices gooing at the same time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree fitbit customer service has been fabulous. And GIDG is right CALL THEM! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The dongle (charging unit) should have come in the box with your Fitbit. It looks like a clamp with a USB cord.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank , I sent a message 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I do ot have the "won't connect" problem. Instead, my problem i with the Charge 2 not tracking my stair climbing. I've try restarting. If I restart my Fitbit, will I lose the tracking stats I've already earned for the day? Also, I'm a bit perturbed that I cannot edit my stair climbs as an easy fix to this problem. It seems Fitbit needs to write that ability into the app for their users. We know when we've climbed a flight of stairs. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine was connected and tracking, synced with my phone, apparently hasn't now been synced since 30/12 and says tracker not found?? please help...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried restarting.  It's weird ... it didn't work right away.  I counted about 30 steps before it started real-time tracking. I just sat down for less then a minute to draft this correspondence and just to be certain it was working I got again and started working and now it's not working again! Very frustrating. I had an older version I was very pleased with but this one sucks.  I use the stair stepper at the gym and it doesn't record stairs.  I recently started using the treadmill and it does not count the steps on the treadmill.  If I exagerate an arm swing as I am walking it sometimes works.  I think I am going to return it.  I have only had it a week!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I don't know what size you got, but I got an XL band and now I wear it
on my ankle and I don't have to worry about arm swings or anything.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Lsylvia on a stairmasyer you are not physically climbing up stairs. Your tracker looks for a change in air pressure from a person changing their elavation.  A stairmaster can not do this.

As for arm swings, i just let mime do what is natural, and have all but 10-15 of my first steps lost.

Treadmill, if you hold on, steps may be lost.

One thing about Fitbits is that a 4 step count or less, then pause, will not be recorded. 

@Gidg i can thank of several ways to get false steps while monitoring yhe ankle.

Best Answer

I seem to have to do this every month. This is the 4th type of FitBit I've had and it is rubbish! There is no reason I should have to do this every month. My phone can tell me how much charge is left, but it doesn't recognize I have a FB?

Be serious

Best Answer
0 Votes