Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Fitbit won't connect

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Just bought a Fitbit charge 2 and cannot get this to connect to either an iphone6 or 6s. I get as far as entering the pin on the charge into the app then it just says trying to connect. When I look in the iPhone blutooth devices list it shows it as connect then after a few seconds it goes into the other devices list before the cycle starts again of showing it is connected. I have done a reset on the watch and still no joy. Should I take this back for a refund?
Best Answer
115 REPLIES 115
I can sync with my phone which still has the old fitbit app version but I can't sync on my tablet which has the newest. I have the issue with my new Charge 2 but also have it with my old Charge HR. I guess the issue on my side is with the Android app... I saw lots of people complain about the last update. I'll make sure my phone stays on the old version... Sad that syncing isn't the first thing checked when releasing a new update.
Best Answer

@FloraTerra have you tried restarting the BT on the Mac? It could be that the fitbit drivers are not responding.

@Eliciab it could be that your phone is to close, within 50 feet, and the Blaze is still connected to the phone. This would prevent the tablet from connecting, try turning the BT off on the phone. 

@HD3 I'm not sure what your trying to sync through, but the software is now able to use the generic Bluetooth found in a pc or a standard by dongle. The blaze is also able to sync to most computers through its charging cordwhile connected to the computer

Best Answer
0 Votes

I still have had no success in trying to pair my new Charge 2 with my computer.  Yes, I have turned off bluetooth by shutting down and restarting my Mac desktop several times.  I have also tried installing and uninstalling the fitbit software several times as well as resetting the tracker by turning off and on several times.  Still getting the same message to turn on Bluetooth even tho Bluetooth is on and working with my wireless keyboard and mouse.  I also tried doing this on a different computer, my Mac laptop, and again could not finish pairing the tracker because the same screen popped up about turning on Bluetooth.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@FloraTerra It might be worth double checking to see if your Mac desktop has Bluetooth 4.0 LE, which is a requirement for both syncing and setting up Fitbit trackers.

I'd also recommend the following steps:

1. Restart your Charge 2.

2. Make sure that you are using the most current version of Fitbit Connect, version 2.0.1.6809.

3. Reboot your Mac.

4. Use the replacement setup process to pair your Charge 2 to your already-existing Fitbit account.

Hope this helps!

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you're having a hard time getting your device to sync AND you had another device previously, this may help:

Even though you have deleted your old device from the phone app, IT MAY STILL BE PAIRED. I had this happen and it was not only preventing my new device from pairing correctly but also would not let the person who "inherited" my old one pair it to his phone!  

• On an iPhone: first remove the old device from the Fitbit app (Fitbit > Account > [device name] > Remove this [device name])
  • Then, close the app and go to your phone's Settings to unpair it (Settings > Bluetooth > [device name] > Forget this device)

Now you should have an easier time of pairing your new device and handing off your old one! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

thank you all....i did call Fit Bits help line and he magically got it working ....need no more help thanks!

Best Answer

Hey hey hey @Annabel398, Thank you so much for those instructions, very useful because some people just remove the device from the account and then they have issues to pair it again, so I appreciate you have specified to forget the device from the phone's Bluetooth as well. Smiley Wink 

@HD3, I appreciate you have taken the time to contact Fitbit Support. They always find out the way to help out our users and offer any alternative solution to get them back on track. 

If you need more help, keep me posted! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

@HeydyF having same problem as @Spunkylupe12 .  

New Charge 2, trying to set up on pc.  Asking for dongle.  Comes with a usb connector that has clasp cliping into Charge 2.   Unable to "connect" using the standard usb connection it comes with.   Unable to pick up on bluetooth for ipad as we don't have a "dongle".  

Surely there's an easy way to connect new Charge 2 using the box of goodies it came with?   Can't remember same problem with new Surge. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Gidg  we too are stuck with same problem.... sort of.   Doing setup on pc keeps asking to connect "dongle".   We have plugged in the usb charge clasp that comes in box (to pc).  It doesn't connect though, set up screen just sits there and says "plug in a dongle".... Charge 2 screen just says same "fitbit.com/setup".  Can't turn off or do anything.  Unable to pick it up on bluetooth with any other device... 

How'd you go - get a solution?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Magoo2006, it is great to see you around! Smiley Very Happy So you are getting this error when you try to set it up your Fitbit with your PC, right? Could you please tell me which type of computer you are using? 'cause if you are using a PC without Bluetooth, you will need the Dongle in order to set it up your Charge 2 or any other tracker. Now, regarding the iPad you mentioned that you are using, can you please tell me which iPad model you are using? 'cause the "fitbit.com/setup" message appears when you are trying to set it up/sync your tracker with a non compatible device. So get back to me with those answers and I'll be glad to help you out! Smiley Wink

I'll be around! 

Best Answer
Finally got to work. Husband had to connect it on my cell. The computer was
not letting me. It said I needed to buy some other item. And we have an
apple. Now let's see hoe the go. I just need to get my text and calls
working on my Fitbit charger 2
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Spunkylupe12 welcome to the Community. It's great to hear that. To sync with your Mac computer you'll need the USB Dongle. I recommend you contacting support, explain the situation with the Charge 2 and they'll be glad to assist you.

Let me know about the outcome!

Rodrigo l Italian & English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Parliamo di calcio Qual è la tua squadra di calcio preferita?

Best Answer

I spoke to customer support yesterday, went through all of the troubleshooting tips again and opened a case. Then last night of course I had the same syncing issue.  So this morning I called and they are shipping me a new unit. The one thing that impresses me about Fitbit support is they are not stingy when it comes to replacing defective uints!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi moderator - could you confirm that the Charge 2 is not compatible with a Samsung Galaxy S7? And if this is correct - how am I to use my new Fitbit? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Gidg, it is great to see you around the Community! I appreciate the update about getting a replacement. I knew that Fitbit Support will help you out with this, as they always do. No matter what is the situation, they always try to find any alternative solution. Smiley Happy 

@MarGLo, welcome to the Community my friend! The Samsung Galaxy S7 and the S7 Edge are on the list of compatible devices, which means that you can use your Charge 2 with any of them, which means you can set it up/ sync and use the different features as call, text and calendar events notifications. So in order to start, I suggest you to take a look of this post which has instructions to set it up your Charge 2 with an Android device. One you complete that, you can start using your tracker, and if you have questions regarding how to use the other features, let me know! Smiley Wink 

I'll be around! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @MarGLo as @HeydyF said, the Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge have been recently added to the list of the compatible devices to sync. It has all the requirements and more to take advantage of all the Fitbit features 

Let me know if you have any other question.

Best Answer
Hi there, good to see that Samsung GS7 is now on compatible list. However,
I spent 3 hrs last now trying to sync my new Charge 2 first with my mobile
and then with my laptop. Followed all the guides and trouble shooting
advice. Tried them several times over. Then again tonight spent another
3hrs again right from scratch - still doesn't sync. Please tell me what to
do. But please know I have meticulously gone through guides / mobile
settings / trouble shooting. For such an expensive device i'm not impressed
thus far.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @MarGLo what troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? I recommend you following the steps on this post and on this post for fixing all syncing issues.

Best Answer

I am having the same trouble daily. It's so frustrating

Best Answer
0 Votes

MarGlo, this may not have anything to do with your issue, but if your Fiotbit also has a short battery life, I may know the reason.  One of the things I learned the hard way with my Charge HR was that I could not have the computer and the mobile phone app both syncing to the fitbit.  It completely drained my battery REALLY FAST.  I complained and complained to fitbit not knowing that it was the double hit the fitbit was taking trying to sync with both that was causing it.  It may have something to do with your syncing issue as well.  

Best Answer
0 Votes