Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Fitbit won't connect

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Just bought a Fitbit charge 2 and cannot get this to connect to either an iphone6 or 6s. I get as far as entering the pin on the charge into the app then it just says trying to connect. When I look in the iPhone blutooth devices list it shows it as connect then after a few seconds it goes into the other devices list before the cycle starts again of showing it is connected. I have done a reset on the watch and still no joy. Should I take this back for a refund?
Best Answer
115 REPLIES 115

Did it---no go! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried what you suggested about resetting to track sleep and it is still not working to track my sleep.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been syncing my tracker on my charge2 for months. All of a sudden my tracker doesn't sync with my mobile phone.

Not sure why it won't sync. It does sync to my desktop but says it can't find my tracker on my cell. I have deleted my app and re-installed on my phone. I have turned off my Bluetooth and tracker and turned back on.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thus us a little confusing, the title says that your unable to setup a new Tracker @arlene, but you say you have had it for months. 

Have you shutdown your phone yet? 

Your tracker can't be turned off, have you done a restart yet?, http://help.fitbit.com/?q=restart

Also go into the phones Bluetooth settings and tell it to forget/remove the Charge 2 

Now try and sync

Best Answer
I went off someone else's question so it came up I'm as such.
Thank you very much. I turned off my phone and restarted and my tracker
on my phone works!
Best Answer
0 Votes
I now have it working.
My gizmo that goes in the USB port was not fully inserted in the slot.
Sorry for the confusion...I was not trying to set up a new fitbit. I have
had this fitbit for a few years. I do not have a cell phone that its
connected to. It is connected to my home computer as well as my notebook.
Apparently when I moved the USB connection from my notebook to my desktop
computer, I did not insert it into the slot fully so it was not engaged.
Thanks for your attention to this matter. All is good now.

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life
you have lived."

....Dave and Arlene
Best Answer
0 Votes
I finally returned mine and had them send me a new one to see if this one works better when it comes to syncing. 
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi my fitbit charge 2 froze yesterday with ! on the screen.

I have followed the instructions you gave for restarting it. The fitbit logo comes on momentarily and then it freezes again with ! on the screen. I cannot get it to restart. Please help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It still will not sync. Says, in the android app, "no tracker found". Help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nothing works. Did restart of device on charger holding button down 4+ seconds. Removed device from app. Tried to set up a device, but it fails to connect, after restarting app, restarting Charge 2, turning Bluetooth off and on again, seems that Bluetooth on Charge 2 has stopped working. Now what??

Best Answer
0 Votes

I purchased my Charge 2 about five months ago and am very disappointed with its functionality.  It does not track my heart rate while working out and sleep tracking goes out at least 3 times a month.  I am fed up and might start looking for a better and more reliable product 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did the restart, checked the altimeter hole for dust, still can't get it to count floors. It worked until a week ago & hasn't counted a floor since. Suggestions? Thank you. 

Best Answer

In my experience, the Fitbit and Samsung products are not super reliably compatible. I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 and most of the time I have to sync with one of my other devices because the Samsung will just keep telling me it can't find my tracker. I have an older Kindle and a newer Kindle and both sync just fine with both of my Fitbit trackers. I have the Charge2 as well as an older Fitbit Flex and it's the same with both of them.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've never owned a Fitbit without owning a Samson phone.

Galaxy S3,S4,S5, my neighbor has an S6 snd his wife has an S7, none of us can remember the last time we had to restart a phone or tracker to get tge two to sync. For me it was in or before November 2016.

Best Answer

Syncs just fine with my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 but refuses to be found by my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+.Have tried everything.  Any further suggestions? . 

Best Answer
0 Votes

What is your experience with the new one?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Stevehg aince it syncs with the Tablet have you made sure the tablet is nit bonded to your travker before trying the S6?

Make sure the tablet us at least 30 + feet away or it's turned off.

Best Answer

Thank you!!! Thank you!!

After 3 frustrating "Help" days, you solved the problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have purchased 2 fitbits charge 2 and can't get either of them to charge. When I plug them in I get a slight vibration but no charging icon, instead I have a phone symbol with a scrolling message about going to Fitbit .com/setup. Which I have done, and installed multiple times. If I hold the button down for 3 seconds nothing happens. I am ready to return these and find something else. I am using a Samsung 8s phone to try and link it too.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Lefty713, tlyour describing exactly what you should be noticing. The vibration is telling you that the tracker is charging. The setu0 message is telling you the page to go to using the device tyat you want to sync trough.  This page will direct you to the proper software that is needed to setup and sync your tracker.

.once your tracker is setup you will see tye charging icon.

Best Answer