Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Fitbit won't connect

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Just bought a Fitbit charge 2 and cannot get this to connect to either an iphone6 or 6s. I get as far as entering the pin on the charge into the app then it just says trying to connect. When I look in the iPhone blutooth devices list it shows it as connect then after a few seconds it goes into the other devices list before the cycle starts again of showing it is connected. I have done a reset on the watch and still no joy. Should I take this back for a refund?
Best Answer
115 REPLIES 115

I also entered the pin and it says this may take 5-10 minutes....that was 2 hours ago??

Best Answer
0 Votes

whats a dongle...I'm having the same problem

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just tried this as I was having issues syncing my Charge HR 2.  It worked wonderfully and now I am able to sync again.  Thank you for sharing this information.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Your welcome!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi I tried all of this. Restart, latest software, tried both iPhone and Mac, restarted all devices, uninstall and re-install app etc. Nothing works!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just wanted to add that I did all the syncing suggestions & was about to do the reset as mentioned-but being the lazy bum that I am, I decided to press & hold the button without plugging it into the charger-I know, I’m a rebel! 

On the screen it said notifications OFF. Then I pressed the button again & it changed to ON. Then it started working again. 

Im not joking-I checked the settings in the Fitbit app, the notifications on my phone (in two places!) & everything was set to show notifications. But simply was not working. 

I held that magic button down though  & it seems to work perfectly now. 

I don’t really know what I’ve done to be honest, but hopefully this helps someone else who is having the same trouble. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@vexedkitty as per the Charge 2 user manual, holding in the button puts your tracker into its Do Not Disturb mode.

The manual may be found by clicking on the word "Help" below.

Best Answer

My fitbit charge 2 was working fine for last 7-8 months. But now it has become less sensitive, most of the time it does not count my steps, specially indoor or small areas, which was not the problem till few days back. It also stops sensing my heart beats in between, then resumes back. Otherwise it works fine, battery life is good, lasts for 5 days easily. I don't hate my fitbit but want it to be more accurate.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did this four times and my tracker never vibrated so I have no idea if it "reset" the tracker or not. The screen went blank and the the logo appeared with some numbers on it, but no vibration. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
After talking to Fitbit help I actually send it back and received a replacement.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you. I sent them a note via Amazon “contact the seller." I hope they get back to me. Every day it is a different “issue” with this Fitbit Charge 2.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I went directly through the Fitbit help website and spoke to a live person.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I received my new device, unpaired and removed the old one and spent all morning trying to get text notices on my fitbit.  Still not working.  Customer support can not either.  It just stopped working all of a sudden.  Nothing works.

linda
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi All.. I had the same issues today trying to sync my new Charge 2 to Samsung 7. 

Fitbit didn't come with instructions so I muddled my way through the setup process. Got as far as the 4 digit code and didn't realise you had to input this from the number displayed on the Fitbit device after you re-started it. !! Duh.. Seems silly now but it wasn't clear to me. 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I cannot change the exercise mode to walk. Any ideas please?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have mine set to run. It gives you everything g how need for walking

Sent from my iPhone
linda
Best Answer
0 Votes

How can you reset your fitbit charge2, the charger doesn't fit into the back of the tracker?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Plug th USB end of the charger into a a power source like the wall portion of your iPhone charger. The other clamps around the case your Charge2. Make sure the slot on the clamp lines up with the button on the side of the case. Once the clamp is correctly attached, use a pen to hold down the button for at least 4 seconds. Your watch will vibrate & the Fitbit logo will appear. It has now been teset. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm not sure what you are asking.  Reset or recharge? The charge 2 has a button on the side that you can press while in the charging mode that will reset the charge 2.   The charger does not plug into the back like older models did.  It is a clamp- like device that fits around the charge 2. 
Hope this helps.  

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Joolz34 see the help site article

Here is a screen shot of how the charging cable clips over the tracker. Screenshot_20180107-164354.png

Best Answer