Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No updates to fitness score?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have been running about five months. I got a fitness score in April, and it hasn't changed a single time. I run with connected GPS on a flat surface every Saturday and multiple times throughout the week. I am now running twice as far as I was in April, with significantly lower heart rates (for the most part) than I did back then. I have lost 10lbs. I wear it to sleep every night. My resting rate has improved and I'm feeling worlds better.  Why on earth is my score identical to where it was when I was significantly less in shape?!

I am beginning to very seriously doubt their accuracy...

Best Answer
31 REPLIES 31
Oh I had the fitbit on, but somehow that number changed?!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I've spoke to my friend and she just uses the watch and then it syncs threw Bluetooth which is the exact same thing I do...i think there's a fault with it it should of changed by now.
Thanks for replying

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge - powered by Three
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here. I have lost 47 lbs in the past 5 months, with my body fat going from 48% to 39% and my BMI going from 37 to 29. I uses the Aria scale, so those values are automatically synced. I was not sedentary before that, but I now work out for 1-2 hr 5+ days a week in the upper cardio and peak zones and my resting heart rate has dropped 14 bpm on average.I generally have 10-13K steps a day and burn ~3000 calories a day, on average.

I wear my fitbit Blaze consistently throughout the day and at night. My fitness score has not changed at all since I first got the update for it ages ago, which was (and still is) only 29-33. Definitely seems a bit BS... I am not saying that I should have an amazing score, but I would expect some change at this point.

Honestly, its not I care all that much about the fitness score itself because I clearly know that I have dramatically improved my health. It is just that it is sort of insulting that it shows zero change when I have worked so hard and so consistently. I would rather they didn't bother until it could be done reliably. It does not inspire confidence about some of the other features though...

😕

Best Answer
Exactly!!!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi that is exactly how I feel especially when my friends is higher than mine and I work out twice as much and like you my heart rate goes to the peak stage every time I do cardio because it's that intense it's frustrating when I see know chsnge, what is the resting heart rate supposed to be do we know because how do we get that to lower??

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge - powered by Three
Best Answer
0 Votes

Don't look too much into this. I started a month ago with a score of approx 44.

All of a sudden this week I'm 95 to 99 and apparently in exelent shape. I'm getting lower than normal calorie counts on my workouts, less than half of what I got before.

Please someone help

Regards

Johnny

Best Answer
0 Votes

My cardio fitness reading is constant at 33. I wear it all the time. Whether, I run or walk or exercise or play a game or do breathing exercises or yoga.. nothing seems to increase the reading.

Best Answer
0 Votes

From early March to early April this year, my score has changed from 41 to 43. I’ve noticed that my resting HR has gone down from 70 to 60. That’s still normal range but athletes normally have around 40 on average.

From my understanding, in order for your resting HR to be lower you need to have max HR probably around 170-180 during intense workout/exercises. Also, by increasing your pace during run would contribute to the score as well! This is based on my personal experience. Plus, I have a quick tip for everyone before you start your run you need to start the time on your fitbit watch and pause it whilst opening the app on your phone until it synced on your watch! Hope this helps! Good luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just to add something here, I tried running faster than normal today for 10min and my score has changed from 43 (average) to 44 (good)! Good luck guys! 👍

Best Answer
0 Votes

My cardio score seemed to update frequently and consistently when I was using my old Charge 2 HR. From the time I got it, I went from 38-41 over about 6 months, which is consistent with what I was doing.  I increased times/speed and lowered heart rate.

However, I recently upgraded to the new Charge 4 w/GPS. You would think with GPS it would be more accurate. Not so.

I've done everything listed in this thread to no avail. My score went from 41 to 34...  even though my times continue to get progressively faster now, more often, and my heart rate is lower.

Unrelated to this, but even more frustrating, is the fact that the "NEW" Charge 4 has very inconsistent recording and loses time and distance frequently. I've tried updating, restarting, resetting, etc. Nothing works.

One day it will record fine. The next, it has me at 750+ calories for a workout (run) with "0" steps. I literally watched it once record a run, I paused at 3.2 mi for a water break, and when I hit it to restart, it dropped my mileage to 1.9 inexplicably.  I've had similar issues no matter if I use the app alone, tracker alone, tracker and app together, no combination is fool proof.

Very frustrating.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit also gives me an error while running. I started running the last few months, now stopped with the arrival of winter. Since October I run better, my performance has changed from 38 to 35 and also stopped. I feel better, my breathing has become calmer while running, my pulse has decreased. My daily workouts and the vitamins I take help me. (I use this one https://fitnessclone.com/chirp-wheel-plus/ , if it's interesting). But the readings have not changed since that moment, and I ran for a WHOLE MONTH. It's a lot. I reinstalled the app, nothing changed. When I checked in again, it moved another 2 and became 33. That's all...

Best Answer
0 Votes

The fitbit charge 3 Vo2 max score was always changing , I had the same problem on my now firbit charge 4 it hasn't changed at all. And I've stopped my exercise routine.  So this number should've definitely  dropped. So same on Charge 4, the Charge 3 was the only time my  V02 max score matched my fitness level

Best Answer
0 Votes