Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No vibration at all or txt notification

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Hi all I have just got my new charge 2 and already finding it not all the box says . It does not let me know when I get a txt or a call ! It does not bit rate at all !!! Not for anything the silent alarm is exactly that . It doesn't vibrate gently to slowly wake you it just doesn't do anything . Any ideas as its literally brand new so should be not working . Thanks in advance
Best Answer
48 REPLIES 48

Did you re-sync the tracker after setting an alarm?

Did you enable notifications in the app?

Which iPhone do you have? The iPhone 7 is not yet certified as a compatible device.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem and am waiting to hear from support.

Best Answer
I have just set up my charge 2 and the phone call
Notification is working but the text message notification isn't workin I have tried thing on and off reboots and still nothing 😞 can anyone help I've spent a lot of money and feel slightly
Let down 😞
Best Answer

@eleclady @Fayecopsey If you both are having trouble with receiving notifications on your Charge 2, I would recommend the following steps:

1. Restart your Charge 2.

2. Turn off notifications by tapping 'Notifications' in the App and turn off ll notifications.

3. Reboot your mobile device.

4. Turn notifications on by tapping Notifications in the Fitbit App and turn on notifications that you want to receive.

If the steps above don't help for some reason, I'd then recommend re-setting up notifications completely from scratch. You can do this by:

1. Unpairing your tracker from your mobile device's Bluetooth setting. This can be done by: opening your mobile settings > tap Bluetooth > and tap 'Forget' or 'Forget Device' to unpair your tracker.

2. Reboot your mobile device.

3.Turn notifications on by tapping Notifications in the Fitbit App and turn on notifications that you want to receive.

Hope this helps!

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Clairebear2610 @elainemong @Helen1974 Just a heads up I've merged your posts into this thread.

I'd recommend the steps mentioned in my post above, this should help!

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes
Tried both and neither worked. I contracted customer service yesterday and was on the phone with them for 47 minutes and nothing we did worked. I am now to wait 24 hours and for an email and then we move on to replacing the unitI have. Not happy about having to send my Fitbit back before I get the replacement.
Best Answer
I just upgraded from Fitbit Flex to Fitbit Charge 2 but the call and text notification function does not function at all. Does Charge 2 compatible with Asus Selfie mobile phone? If mobile phone model is not a problem, how can I activate this function? Thank you.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi, I linked my Fitbit to my iPhone 6 last night and since then I can't receive text messages from android phones. I messaged still come through but nothing else?
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a droid and at first I wasn't getting texts either, just calls. Here is what I did:

If you go into notifications for text, click on it so you get to the next page. There you have to choose which texting app you have. Mine was set to message, I use message +. It worked for a day and then it stopped. Couldn't figure out why.. until... if my phone is set to do not disturb or silent, texts do not go through to the tracker. So now I keep my phone on vibrate and I haven't missed a text or call.

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer
My silent alarm and vibration does work but it's so weak it's not waking me up. I even miss half of the daily alarms that tell me to step more. The band has to be pretty tight to feel anything. Is that normal? This charge 2 is replacing my charge hr and the silent alarm and vibration was perfect on that. In fact, wearing the charge 2 with the charge hr in my nightstand drawer I hear the HR alarm then realize the charge 2 band that's in my wrist!!!! HUGE DIFFERENCE between the two. Is the alarm supposed to be that weak on this new model?!?!
Best Answer
I went to the authorized dealer today and have the problem fixed. Thanks !
Best Answer
0 Votes

Has anyone resolved this issue that has a Droid (I have a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge)? I have tried all of the suggested solutions in the forums and help articles and nothing has fixed my issue. It may work for a little while after I try one of the suggestions but then it stops again. It tends to work if I use the default Messages on my phone but I have an app (Go SMS Pro) that I prefer to use. No matter what application I select under Text Notifications in the FitBit app, it will still only notify me if I have Messages set as the default messaging app on my phone. I have downloaded the Fit Notifications app which has enabled me to continue to use Go SMS Pro but it does have it's own issues like notifying me of messages when there isn't one. I am very frustrated that this feature does not work as advertised. The abililty to receive text notifications was the main reason I upgraded from the Charge HR to Charge 2.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was not able to get mine working. After 2 long calls , almost an hour each time, with support, I finally got an authorization to return the Charge 2 for a replacement. Problem is I have to sent the faulty one back first. With a past product defect, they mailed out the replacement first. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for letting me know @eleclady. I may end up having to do the same thing. Hopefully your replacement Charge 2 works properly.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit Charge 2 doesn't vibrate at all, too. For alarm it just shows bell icon but no vibration. Enable call notification, only shows call icon but no vibration. Even it doesn't vibrate when I connect it with my computer for charging. I have bought it two days ago. I thought I just missed some setting but until now I realise my band might be defected. I will bring it to the store and request a replacement tomorrow. Wish me good luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Brought my Chagre 2 to the store and they tested my band that it was definitely no vibration at all. I have got a new replacement now. Going home with a happy smile. Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

That went much faster than my return with Fitbit Charge 2. I have been without a tracker for about a week now as I had to return the bad one before Fitbit will send out the replacement. In the past with my charge HR they sent outthe replacement with the first phone call. This time with the Charge 2, it took 2 phone calls to get a return authorization, then I have to wait till they receive the return (scheduled for tomorrow) then, I hope they will send my repleacement without futher delay or phone calls, but we will see.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had this problem (phone calls and txt messages were not shown on Chrage 2 screen). I simple plugged the cgarge 2 into its powered charger, help the charge's button down for 4 seconds to restart the device. Following this all was well; calls and txt show on the charge's display. You can go further an restart the phoe but this was not necessary in my case. The fitbit help pages took me through the proceedure. Hope it works out for you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problems and have not even had my fitbit charge 2 for 1 week. There is no vibration to my chare 2 at all, alarms, hit my goal, text notifications or anything. Tried all your suggestions and even updated my iphone thinking that might help. Absolutely NO LUCK! What is my next step? Also tried to do live chat with customer service and it is not working. This is very upsetting 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes