Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No vibrations, notifications or reminders

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Charge 2 stopped sending notifications / reminders and stopped vibrating over a week ago. I've followed all of the directions in HELP to try to fix the problem but nothing has worked. Not sure what else to do. 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@andreaco, have you checked your Charge 2 tracker to make sure the notifications did not accidently get turned off?   Press the side button for a couple seconds until the screen displays "Notifications" On or Off - use the switch to toggle between Off and On.  If that accidently gets set to off, you will not receive any notifications.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
23 REPLIES 23

My Charge 2 stopped sending notifications and stopped vibrating over a week ago. I've followed all of the directions in HELP to try to fix the problem but nothing has worked. Not sure what else to do. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@andreaco, have you checked your Charge 2 tracker to make sure the notifications did not accidently get turned off?   Press the side button for a couple seconds until the screen displays "Notifications" On or Off - use the switch to toggle between Off and On.  If that accidently gets set to off, you will not receive any notifications.

Best Answer

Thanks Larry!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My notifications are on.  I get text alerts (from my phone), but it doesn't vibrate to remind me of the 250 steps.  It did when I first got it, but not now.  Not sure how to fix.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SarahInMaine wrote:

My notifications are on.  I get text alerts (from my phone), but it doesn't vibrate to remind me of the 250 steps.  It did when I first got it, but not now.  Not sure how to fix.

Unfortunately this has been broken for months (since the last firmware update) and we are still waiting on a fix. Fitbit has been incredibly slow to resolve this issue. I wish it worked again as this was the main feature I requested and the reason that I "upgraded" from the Charge HR. 

★Kit N.★
Versa 3, Versa (retired), Charge 2 (retired), Charge HR (retired) | Pixel 3a XL
Best Answer

This isn't just an issue since last firmware.  I have owned a charge2 HR since they first came out.  I am on my third device now which just stopped vibrating after a couple of months just like my prior 2 devices.  I have been through all the steps suggested on here and by technical support nothing worked.  The first time they sent me a new device immediately and the process was smooth.  The second time not so much, they made me send my defective device back first (which was ok by me) but took forever for them to check the device in and send me a new one, which they only sent the electronic portion, no wrist band or charger, after contacting them they sent me a wrist band and charger, unfortunately they sent the wrong wrist band.  Finally after about 2 months i finally was able to wear it again.  Sadly though this new one stopped vibrating altogether also.  At this point I wish I could get my money back and go with another device, but do not think its possible.  Was very happy with the device, but apparently the motor that provides the vibration must have a short life span.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fixed the problem. Thank you🤗

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Fitbit y'all need to add these instructions to your FAQ page.

Thanks, Larry!!!

Best Answer

Did not work for me.  Notifications are on.  Fitbit vibrates when texts come in.  Does not do the 250 step thing.  Did the hard reset per website instructions.  Did not help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here.  Still not getting the 250 steps notifications.  It is now March 4.   Needs firmware fix.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SarahInMaine wrote:

Same here.  Still not getting the 250 steps notifications.  It is now March 4.   Needs firmware fix.

Fitbit still has not fixed the issue. The workaround (which has been working for me this past week) is to set heart rate to auto and make sure that notifications are on. I had my HR off to save battery and turn off the distracting bright green lights. I only want HR when working out (see my suggested feature in the link below). 

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Automatically-enable-heart-rate-when-in-multispo...

★Kit N.★
Versa 3, Versa (retired), Charge 2 (retired), Charge HR (retired) | Pixel 3a XL
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing has happened to my Fitbit and the customer support team is ignoring our desperate emails! The notifications and alerts are on, on both my Fitbit and on my phone yet nothing. 

Best Answer

Press and hold the button on the side of your fitbit! It will switch and
say "notifications on"

Life saver!

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

After I posted (above) I finally called.   The re-set using the button on the side wasn't fixing the issue for me.  She had me remove my old Charge HR, which was also on the account, then do the re-set (and perhaps something else, don't remember precisely), but that fixed the problem and my 250 steps reminder is back.  Luckily, I don't wear the old Charge so I don't need to have both on the account.  Hope this helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Nope still doesn't work! I tried that a few days ago! Thanks anyway though

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

That was so helpful and no where else could I find that fix.  Thank you Larry from Ohio!  Shannon from PA 

Best Answer

Great to hear it helped you, @Shannongnas!  Keep on Stepping!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I feel as if I'm giving a stupid answer, but you do realize you don't get the reminder for the 250 steps if you have already done that many steps in the current hour. 

Best Answer

Thank you yes, I knew that. This was for hours with under 250 steps. However, Fitbit solved it by removing my other (older) Fitbit from the app.

Cheers, Sarah

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes