Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting text notifications from IOS

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Set my charge 2 yesterday but so far despite getting text I have not been able to get any text notification on my tracker I doing something wrong?
Best Answer
89 REPLIES 89

This worked! Thank you. I too had accidentally turned off notifications on my Charge 2. Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

THANKYOU! I've been trying for days to figure out why I wasn't getting my text alerts anymore.  Not sure how I turned it off but I did.

Best Answer
0 Votes

What do you guys mean to press the button on the notifications section of your fitbit?? Can you explain this further?  My phone settings are correct but stopped getting notifications recently.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Press and hold the side button on Fitbit until "Notifications Off" appears then immediately press again which changes it to " Notifications On"

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Thanks😃

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

This fixed it, thank you so much!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Press the button on the side of your Fitbit . Keep pressing as scroll through until reach "notification". It likely says off so press again to turn on

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

This is exactly what happened to mine...accidentally turned off the notifications on the watch while everything on the phone side was fine. I bet this is what's going on with the majority of posters. Thank you! Am finally back in business!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Amazing! I just bought a Fitbit charge2 and I was getting call notifications but no message notifications. I was stressing about it trying everything I could that was on the website for trouble shooting this problem! Thanks! This did the trick! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This resolved my issue, to bad Fitbit's instructions doesn't include this note.

Best Answer
0 Votes

After an hour repeating all the steps on the fit bit help artcle, took a chance and looked here.

Thank you Thank you -- this was the problem !!

p.s I have never had the "preview message" feature on and notification still works - just an FYI if you don't like that feature activated on your phone 

Best Answer
0 Votes

None of this mess listed here works.   Does anyone have a solid solution for this junk device to work like it is advertised.  Very dissappointed with this tracker.  

Best Answer

This steps 1 - 6 does not work 

Best Answer
0 Votes

You may have already tried this, but did you check if 'Notifications' on the fitbit itself had accidently been turned off?  It does this sometimes when you hook it up to charge.  Just scroll through the menus with the side button until you see Notifications.  If it says off, then hold the button down until it toggles on.  This is what happened to me.  I wasted a lot of time checking my phone when it was just a simple thing on the fitbit itself.  Didn't have to reinstall anything.  Hope this helps!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I did try that step. It was already on. The phone notification worked right away. The text one will not.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@terrywfoster What phone are you using?

Kelly | Oklahoma
Alta HR, Blaze, Flex 2, Charge 2, Charge, and Aria * IPhone 7+

Best Answer
0 Votes
iPhone 7 Plus
Best Answer
0 Votes

@terrywfoster  Make sure that on the iPhone's settings, you have "Allow in Notification Center", "Show in Notification Center" and "Show on lock screen" all enabled.  (I have the iPhone 7 plus as well)

Kelly | Oklahoma
Alta HR, Blaze, Flex 2, Charge 2, Charge, and Aria * IPhone 7+

Best Answer
0 Votes
Those options are all set to show
Best Answer
0 Votes

OMG, thank you for this message. I must have done the reinstalling, pairing, checkng settings on the iphone 10 times without success until I saw this setting. Didn't even know it was a setting on the watch. Fixed it right away. 

Best Answer
0 Votes