Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving text/calls on my fitbit

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi there!  I received my fit bit as a gift on Christmas. I set it up that day and it was working perfectly. I charged it and now I am not receiving any text messages or calls on my Fitbit. I checked the Bluetooth connection and my app for notifications and they're all on. 

Best Answer
46 REPLIES 46

Ever since I last charged my Fitbit I have not been receiving any notifications. My Bluetooth is on and all notifications are still programmed to alert me. My alarm still works. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
When charging it is very easy to accidentally turn off the notifications on the FitBit itself (not via software). Press and hold the side button on the FitBit until you see the message "Notofications On."

Regards,

Melsuf

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
There are no button on my Fitbit. I have an Alta.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have an I phone 5s 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a galaxy s7 i cant get any text or calls on my fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

Verify your phone's ringer is on/phone isn't silenced and Bluetooth is on.

Verify that you have notifications on.in the FitBit app (don't forget to sync if you make changes). Verify on your FitBit that the notification are on. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you. I turned it back on and it worked ; however when a call comes in it doesnt show name just "unknown", but it shows name for text. 

How do I fix to show name for call?

Best Answer
0 Votes

If the fitbit app has permissions set, the notifacation center in apple or the sound and notifacations in android have been set, i assume the settings in the app are correct, and they still don't work, then a restart ofbthe phone should be done.

@healthy_start17 not knowing what phone you have, or mayby what phone dialer app your using. On android with the default phone app  the Fitbit app needs to be set to contacts not the phone dialer app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having an issue receiving notifications or texts on my Charge 2.  I have the new Samsung Note 8.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Philsphan did @DerrickS' post above help. 

Do you get your notifications on the phones lock screen? 

Does your Charge 2 show as connected in the phones blietooth? Your not able to connect it, this is a job for the app. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Notifications on. Settings on my iPhone all are on. Still not receiving calls or text messages on my Charge 2

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fit bit charge Hr 2  will not show text or calls from my iPhone 6S. I have gone to my settings on my phone and turned all of the notifications on.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Make sure notifications on your Fitbit are turned on.To do so, simply press an hold the side button on your Fitbit. The graphics should appear stating “notifications on” or “notifications off” When connecting the Fitbit to its cradle charge it is very easy to accidentally turn it off.

Other things to be aware of...make sure your Bluetooth on your phone is turned on and/or you haven’t stepped too far out of range from your phone for your Fitbit to pick up the Bluetooth single.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes
All of that has been. It is still not working.

Any other suggestions??
Best Answer
0 Votes

Verify that:

your phone’s ringer is turned on

your phone is not in do not disturb mode

Try: 

Syncing Fitbit App with Fitbit

Checking the settings in the FitBit App

(make sure sync after making any changes) 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Fixed that. Still not working.
Best Answer
0 Votes

If your phone is an iPhone , it may be an iOS issue not necessarily Fitbit itself, you can go into the settings and do a “reset all” and the notifications will work again.  It will not erase your contacts or anything on the phone, just the actually settings.  This happened to me and Fitbit offered no solution or advice, told me to buy a new Fitbit.   Apple helped me fix 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Reset all settings on iPhone that will fix it 

Best Answer
0 Votes

On my iPhone was able to receive everything except text messaged. I thought it was the recent upgrade and I tried everything from uninstalling the app to factory resets. I finally figured out what it was.

Since my watch notifies me so effectively I had turned off the notifications for my Messages on my phone (figured why do I need my pocket and my wrist to alert me). After enabling the "Notification Center" option in my Messages app I was able to get notified on my watch again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

omg thank you!!! I was going crazy trying to figure it out!!!

Best Answer