Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving text/calls on my fitbit

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi there!  I received my fit bit as a gift on Christmas. I set it up that day and it was working perfectly. I charged it and now I am not receiving any text messages or calls on my Fitbit. I checked the Bluetooth connection and my app for notifications and they're all on. 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Make sure your Charge 2 shows that "notifications" are on.  I have accidentally turned it to "OFF" when placing in charger to charge.  (Press and hold side button)

As for iPhone users - make sure on the iPhone's settings you have "Allow in Notification Center" "Show in Notification Center", and "Show on lock screen" all enabled.

Kelly | Oklahoma
Alta HR, Blaze, Flex 2, Charge 2, Charge, and Aria * IPhone 7+

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
46 REPLIES 46

@SunsetRunner  What phone are you using?  Let us know, and perhaps we can offer some suggestions to help.

Kelly | Oklahoma

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem - it was working great until I charged it last night.

I have an Iphone 6S

Best Answer

Same p

Same Problem. Worked on Xmas - charged it last night - now it works fine - but no text or call notifications.. I have iPhone 6s

Best Answer

I have iPhone 7 plus I can't get text messages on my phone either. All notifications are on can't figure it out 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have iPhone 7 plus I can't get text messages on my Fitbit charge 2 either. All notifications are on can't figure it out 

Best Answer

Make sure your Charge 2 shows that "notifications" are on.  I have accidentally turned it to "OFF" when placing in charger to charge.  (Press and hold side button)

As for iPhone users - make sure on the iPhone's settings you have "Allow in Notification Center" "Show in Notification Center", and "Show on lock screen" all enabled.

Kelly | Oklahoma

Best Answer

iPhone 6s

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you! Holding the side button worked! 

Best Answer

I have the iPhone 7 plus. Thanks for the offer to help. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I checked all notifications and they are on.  How do I get it to work?

Best Answer
I wish I knew the answer. I think I will have to stop at the Apple Store.
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Chasegirl3 @narbrewer I'd first recommend that you make sure that you are using the latest version of the Fitbit iOS App that was released this morning, version 2.31. Click here to be redirected to the iOS App store if you haven't already updated.

Please keep in mind that you won't receive a notification on your Charge 2 if you have the Messages app open on your iOS device. This could be a potential cause to why you didn't receive a notifications.

Next, I would recommend that you have notifications enabled in your iOS settings. You can verify this by: opening your iOS settings > tap "Notifications" > scroll down and open Phone, Messages, and/or Calendar > make sure that you've toggled "Allow Notifications".

If the problem persists, I'd then recommend the troubleshooting steps mentioned here.

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks!! I had a sneaky suspicion user error was involved. Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm using HTC ONE A9. pls help what settings I need to do to receive call/text notifications.

Moderator Edit: Edited font style.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you. Yes, I remember seeing this button show up and I didn't know what it meant. I am back to receiving my notifications again.  Thanks. 🙂

Best Answer

Hi - my notifications are on (Fitbit charge 2) but I'm not receiving them.  Thanks for the help

Best Answer
0 Votes

@TNH First make sure that you have notifications turned on on-device for Charge 2. You can toggle this on/off by holding the button for 3 seconds when its displaying the clock.

I'd also recommend verifying that you have "Enable Notification Widget" and "Always Connected" turned on in the Fitbit Android App.

If the problem persists, I'd then recommend the troubleshooting steps mentioned here.

Hope this helps!

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks! All set.
Best Answer
0 Votes