Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not recording all sleep if you wake up then go back to sleep...

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
So I'm new. I have had the Charge HR two days. Last night it only recorded 3 hours of sleep: from 10 pm to 1 am. I woke up with my minion then went back to sleep until 8 am. The second half of the night was not recorded. What should I do? Is this right or a unique problem? I read even naps get recorded so why not my night?
Best Answer
24 REPLIES 24

Hello @MissJenn13, I'm glad to hear you have join to the Fitbit family and also welcome aboard to our community. Make sure your sleep was not divided in different logs. Usually when you woke up in the middle of the night your tracker will detect that you are awake and will end your main sleep recording. When you go back to bed it should start recording a different entry. Please take a moment to review your sleep section for that day by going to https://www.fitbit.com/sleep

I would like to share a different post where a community user explain this, It should give you a different explanation from the user perspective: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Charge-HR/Sleep-tracking-divided-before-12-am-and-after/m-p/1174532/...

Hope this helps and see ya later my friend.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

My night sleep is recorded, but when I have catching up to do and I sleep again once or twice. This is not recorded. It is very frustrating to say the least. It recorded at the start, but not now. I bought this Fitbit Charge 2 Just last month while in Canada. I am now in Sri Lanka.

Best Answer

Same problem. I just got the Charge 2. Stopped tracking after I got out of bed for 5 minutes. Did not log?4 hours mire after I returned to bed to sleep. 

My Flex would generate a split log but so far Charge 2 does not. 

TenneyN

Update:

Oops yes it did! It just took a while to show up. 

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer

Hi there @TenneyN, welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community! I'm sorry for the late response and I'm glad to see the issue was corrected on its own.

Sleep autodetection is based on your movement and in occasion it may take time for your tracker algorithms assume that sleep has begun. However this will shows up in your Dashboard, as the sleep is confirmed.

See you later and keep participating in the Community.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Flex 2. I’ve had three different Fitbits over five years and it always split-logged my sleep properly when waking up a few times during a night’s sleep.  

For the the past few months however, it has only been logging from the last time I fell asleep. For example if my night looks like this,

9:00 pm - 3:00 am

3:30 am - 9:00 am

9:15 am - 10:00 am (only this gets logged)

it will log only 45 minutes of about 12 hours sleep. So that’s two large windows of sleep time that are consistently being left out. Please advise. 

Best Answer
Call the helpline. They will go through troubleshooting and if it still
doesn't work they will replace it if under a year old.
Best Answer

Ive had my Alta for 2 weeks.  For the first week it logged all my sleep.  And the sleep appeared on an arc-like chart.  Now it only logs 2-4 hrs and does so on a bar graph.  How do I return to the way it operated week one?

Best Answer

I have had the Ionic for about a year and last night it only recorded half the nights sleep and I don't even recall getting up until 0800 in the morning with a bedtime around 11 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My charge hasn't logged sleep since Friday. I have reset it many times. Turned bluetooth on and off. Deleted and readded the app, still no sleep tracking. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Charge2. It's NOT recording multiple segments. I went to bed around 10:15 last night, woke up middle of the night for about 30 minutes, then went back to sleep. ONLY the second sleep session was recorded. What's particularly interesting is that the sleep log records 30 minutes awake time ... AT THE BEGINNING OF THE TRACKED SESSION. 

Note: App was forcibly updated (no prompting) last night, does that affect tracking? (Gee, shouldn't, since it's the device that tracks, the app just records. But ....)

And yes, I've synched multiple times this morning. 

Best Answer

Me too. It used to record the second sleep.

Best Answer

Exactly the same happens to me. Since sleep is my main priority, this is a bit of a nuisance.

If Fitbit would put 1% of their marketing budget into people who write better code, they'd have a decent product. 

Best Answer

Mine records only the second. 

Best Answer

Mine recorded 2 entries for last night, as I woke up for over an hour in the middle of the night.  It took a little while for second entry to appear after waking.  The problem is that my sleep scores were low because of time asleep! They should be combined for a total nights sleep score. 

Best Answer

I woke up around 0430, did not get out of bed and went right back to sleep until 0600, there is no sleep recorded from 0430 to 0600. I edited the time I woke up to reflect 0600, but there is no sleep data for that time... I'm mostly pleased with the sleep function, but I'm disappointed with this aspect as well as the fact that you have to pay for premium to really get a good analysis of your sleep. That is the sole thing I would use from premium. 

Best Answer

My iconic used to track all my sleep.  For the past 1-2 weeks...maybe after an Iconic upgrade?....it missed one or two segments where I am up for 15-30 minutes during the night.  This goofs up the most important feature I use the watch for.

Best Answer

I bought my Fitbit 1 week ago and last night it only recorded the last 3 hrs of my sleep, this needs to be rectified ASAP please

Best Answer

Inspire HR does not record all sleep with breaks

not happy with this product 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem with Inspire HR

Best Answer
0 Votes