Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Charge 4, new phone

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This should be simple, I just can’t seem to think of the right search keywords to find it!

I visited my parents and left behind the iPod that my Charge 4 is paired to.

I am trying to pair my charge for to my other idevice, an iPad mini 5 running iOS 16 point something or other.

The iPad already has the Fitbit app, my account, all my past data…but the Bluetooth does not see my Charge 4 (on charger at 92%)

I have found miles of information on how to pair up a new Fitbit; but I cannot figure out how to pair my Fitbit with a new idevice when I don’t have access to the other idevice. Help?

Moderator edit:  updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@LZeeW , Thank you for your help .

@Treebyleaf , A warm welcome to the Community! Thank you for your efforts. 

Fitbits should sync with the nearest mobile device that is logged to your Fitbit account on the app. 

Try logging to into your phone 's Fitbit app. and force the Charge 4 to sync with it.  (Tap your profile pic>Charge 4 >sync now) 

If that doesn't work try the following steps, some of which you have already done, but the order is important:

Do not remove the Charge 4 from the account.

• Reboot your Charge 4.
  • Please on mobile, go to Settings>Bluetooth, and remove all connections that exist with the tracker. (Forget, ignore or unpair device depending on the phone OS version)
  • Turn off Bluetooth and restart your phone. (switch off and on again).
  • When the phone is back on, turn on the Bluetooth again, but DO NOT attempt to connect to the tracker from here.
  • Go on the app. From here, try setting up the tracker as a new device.
    Try to sync the Charge 4 afterwards

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

@Treebyleaf   I think you need to remove the Charge 4 from the Bluetooth devices on the iPod.  Can you talk your parents through this?  Apple devices have a way of making strong Bluetooth connections.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Ouch.  That would be “No”; they can’t even see the screen.

Surely there must be someway to unpair for people who have lost their phones?

Best Answer

@LZeeW , Thank you for your help .

@Treebyleaf , A warm welcome to the Community! Thank you for your efforts. 

Fitbits should sync with the nearest mobile device that is logged to your Fitbit account on the app. 

Try logging to into your phone 's Fitbit app. and force the Charge 4 to sync with it.  (Tap your profile pic>Charge 4 >sync now) 

If that doesn't work try the following steps, some of which you have already done, but the order is important:

Do not remove the Charge 4 from the account.

• Reboot your Charge 4.
  • Please on mobile, go to Settings>Bluetooth, and remove all connections that exist with the tracker. (Forget, ignore or unpair device depending on the phone OS version)
  • Turn off Bluetooth and restart your phone. (switch off and on again).
  • When the phone is back on, turn on the Bluetooth again, but DO NOT attempt to connect to the tracker from here.
  • Go on the app. From here, try setting up the tracker as a new device.
    Try to sync the Charge 4 afterwards

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you, @JuanFitbit 

I could not “Sync Now”; the option was grayed out.  I have rebooted the Charge 4, confirmed Bluetooth doesn’t see the Charge 4, turned off Bluetooth, turned off my iPad, waited, and turned both on.

I am ready to try setting up the Charge 4 as a new device.

The app is double-checking that I want to Replace my Charge 4 with [the same] Charge 4.

I am double-checking… I should tell it yes?

Best Answer

@Treebyleaf Thank you for your reply. 
Yes, in that case, if you are asked to replace the Charge 4 with the same one, please confirm with a yes. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Synced and happy!  Thank you, @JuanFitbit & @LZeeW 

Best Answer

@Treebyleaf , Nice too see you back. Thank you for sharing the good news.  I'm glad that the info was helpful . 

Please visit our discussion forums. There you will find several users who are interested in fitness, healthy eating, or better sleep and share lots of tips. They will be happy to meet you there.

Best Answer
0 Votes