Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only one section of Charge 3 display is dim

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi everyone,

I have a Charge 3 tracker and recently updated the firmware - I noticed that now just the battery icon and date on my home screen are way too dim? The screen overall is NOT dim at all. It's great, I see the time and my steps just fine with awesome brightness but only the little battery icon at the upper left and the battery percentage is way to dim to see it, same for the date and day of week which is just below the clock - too dim.

Is there a fix here? This is most definitively not a case where my screen is set to dim mode. I checked that plus all other values are shown in normal brightness.

Thank you

Boyan

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @bubba198, welcome to the Community Forums.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and for the details that were shared in your post, seems odd that only one part of the display of your Charge 3 is dim. If you haven't already done so, please restart your device following the below steps and let me know if the issue persists:

1. Open the Settings app
  2. Tap About > Reboot Device.

I'll be here if further assistance is needed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RicardoFitbit Thank you very much for the quick reply. I did reboot. The issue has not changed - maybe I didn't make it clear - the display is not defective in any way, I didn't mean that my tracker is malfunctioning. I meant to say that it must be some kind of setting because the dim text appears to be there by design. Here's a pic below:

FirBit Charger 3.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

You're welcome @bubba198, your reply is also appreciated.

Thanks for the clarification and for attaching a screenshot into your post. Let me share with you that the display of your Charge 3 should not perform in such way, therefore, please try the following steps and let me know if the issue persists:

1. Connect the device to the charging cable. 
  2. While the device is plugged into the charging cable, press and hold the button down for 15 seconds. 
  3. The device turns on and shows a battery icon. Two vibrations occur: first a short vibration, then a medium vibration. 
  4. The device turns off.
  5. The device turns on and shows a progress bar and short vibrations occur. The progress bar completes. Note: A total of 7 short vibrations occur. 
  6. Remove the device from the charging cable. The device shuts down.
  7. Important: Plug the device into the charging cable again.

Please keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes