Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pairing Charge 2 to Samsung Galaxy A8 (2018)

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The charge 2 won't pair with my A8 or Samsung galaxy s8. I followed all the steps and got a code but then the app keeps asking me if I want to install a charge 2. Both telephones should be compatible so that can't be the problem. What do I need to do. I'm getting pretty desperate at this moment.

Best Answer
0 Votes
12 REPLIES 12

Hey @Bregje, let me give you a warm welcome to the Community! Yes, both devices, the Samsung Galaxy A8 and the Samsung Galaxy S8, are compatible with Fitbit devices. So, I'd like you to, first of all, make sure that you have the latest version of the Fitbit app installed on your phones and if so, you can also take a look at the troubleshooting in this help article: Why won't my Fitbit device sync? 

Let me know how it goes! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes
The setup instructions are not working for nu account/charge 2.
I have no idea what to do.....
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your reply @Bregje! Is it possible that you can try to set up your Charge 2 by using a computer? If so, please start from scratch. You can take a look at the instructions in this help article: Why can't I set up my Fitbit device for further assistance.  

Let me know how it goes! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi! my Charge 2 do sync with my Samsung A8 butt will not pair, My phone did an update resently and after that my Fitbit alta and my new charge 2 don´t pair. What can be the problem.

Best Regards

Best Answer

I have exactly the same issue. The Fitbit and phone are syncing all data but it wont pair to my mobile to receive calls and texts. 

Its paired to my tablet ok but that's no good.

I'm so angry I've emailed and been on the phone to customer support but no one can help. 

I didn't buy a Fitbit for the steps but purely to have access to calls and texts when I'm at work and cant have a phone on on me. Without this function the whole tracker is useless to me.  

Best Answer

I have the same issue.

Any response from Fitbit?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I got myself a new one. No more problems since then.

Outlook voor Android downloaden
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes. I first get that it was something wrong with the new Android 9 and fitbit, and that they worked on a solution. And a few weeks ago I received a new email from them. And they suspect there is something wrong with my fitbit, so they should send a new one within the warranty. But I think they are still something wrong between Android 9 and fitbit 🤔

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got my replacement Fitbit yesterday. Still does not want to pair with the phone. It syncs every now and again, but I keep getting messages saying it is not paired with the Bluetooth. Looking at this post, it seems that it is rather a Samsung issue...

Best Answer

From what I have understand none of the samsung phones are compatible and that they are trying to get it fix to where they are compatible. I have the same problem. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not all Samsung's. Because Samsung galaxy a5 from 2017 still work perfectly with Fitbit. I tested with my child's phone namely. So I know that it works with older model. It's just the new version of the phone that's not work with fitbit. 🙈

Best Answer
0 Votes
I know mine wont Sent via the Samsung Galaxy, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes