Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible Bad reaction to Charge 2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had my charge 2 since December & love it. On Monday I noticed how badly swollen my right arm was. I had to take the watch off it was that bad. I honestly thought I'd been bitten by something but there is no lump or rash & the swollen area is not sore to touch. I then experienced aching pains in my hand & up to my shoulder. It took till Friday to stop aching! The swelling is still slightly there & I put my watch back on today and it didn't like it at all. I don't feel comfortable to wear it on my other arm. After reading some reactions I'm wondering if this is a severe one to the watch pulses not the band itself?? I'll be devastated if it is. Any thoughts would be great pls, thank you from Australia 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
14 REPLIES 14

My thoughts are that this sounds nasty enough that you should consult a doctor. They may be able to tell you whether it is down to the fitbit or, indeed, a bite. While you suspect that it might be the fitbit then don't wear it.

I would be a little surprised if an allergic reaction to something in the fitbit took 6 months to materialise though.

Best Answer

Ok thank you. I went to the doctor on Tuesday. She was shocked at the size
of my arm. But when I wore it on my left hand I got pain in my hand & wrist
so took it off.

I've read ppl say they wear there's for a few months before getting that
rash that was reported.

Anyway if it's not clearing up next week I'm going back for another
opinion.

Regards
Natasha

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you cleaned the band with a non soap cleanser? 

Best Answer

I'm glad I've ran across someone who's had a somewhat similar experience as I have. The first day I wore the Charge 2 I begin feeling tingling and numbness from my wrist, shooting into my fingers and even going up my arm. I changed wrists and still had the same experience on the other arm. The band wasn't tight at all either. I've read were others were saying to try turning the Bluetooth, heart rate, and all day sync off to see if that would change anything and nope, I've still been experiencing the same issues! Have you had any luck yet or have you just completely stopped wearing it?

Best Answer

Hi I've had the band wet which I have just dried with a towel. I have never cleaned it as such though no. I can give that a go. I'm currently using anti inflammatory gel & that seems to be working on the area that won't go back to normal on my arm 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi I have completely stopped wearing it for now. I want to see my arm go back 100% normal b4 I wear it. It feels weird on my left arm & I felt tingling in my hand & that pain in my wrist so took it off. Was concerned & hoping I wasn't just paranoid. It's when I started investigating issues with the watch because here in Australia if you get bitten by a spider, you know about it. I didn't know anything till I noticed how big my arm was in the shower. BUT my doctor said it could be a bite. I suppose you don't hear of such bad reactions to a watch & have them still be on the market!!! I'm going to fix my arm & test it out again. I will also clean the band. See if it helps. I love this watch & miss having it. So angry right now lol

Best Answer

Also SimplyyAys, did your issues stop as soon as you stopped wearing it? I've been having the pain from Monday to Thursday. I took the watch off for my shower, never put it on till Saturday on the right hand. I did try the left with similar pain. Just weird that I'd get such a full on reaction, take the watch off & it keep being painful????

Best Answer

Oh no, I hope a bite of any kind isn't your case! I hope you get well soon!! (: Yesssssss, I completely understand your frustrations lol. I also love the device and hate the way I'm reacting to it! Yes! Each time I would stop wearing it the numbness would completely go away within 30 minutes to an hour and as soon as I put it back on again no matter which wrist I put it on the numbness would start again within 10 minutes. I've cleaned it and everything. Its been about 2 weeks since I've last wore it on either wrist; I'm still wanting to keep it so I've been searching for solutions of some sort whenever the time allows. Thanks for taking the time out to reply!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem. It’s been 3 months since I took my fitbit off and my arm is still swollen. 

Best Answer

After wearing my Charge 2 for 6 months my left hand was swollen. I started wearing my Charge 2 on my right wrist once again after 6 months my right hand was swollen. I used different colored bands during the 1 year period. Therefore I can't wear my Charge 2 for long periods of time.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello
Sorry to hear you are having the same issue as me.
Fitbit saw my post and offered a full refund for my Charge 2. They said other people had the same issue. I returned mine to them and got the refund.
My arm hasn’t got better and is still swollen. I have no idea what caused this. I wore another fitbit, I think it was a charge 1 for about 2 - 3 years with no issues before the Charge 2.

Regards

Tracey

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
No one has offered a refund to me. This was posted a good 2 years ago. My
arm is better now. I don't wear anything but bracelets now lol. I don't
believe they are meant to be worn 24/7. That's the problem with the
technology.

Regards
Natasha
--
Regards, Natasha Devereaux
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm so thankful that you posted this.

I had a Charge 1 for years with no problem. I've often felt like I had a bug bite itching under my Charge 2, which I've had a couple years now. It happened again last night so I took it off and decided to just let out charge. I put it on this morning and within 15 minutes my arm started swelling from the edge of my wrist around the top of my arm half way to my elbow. I took it off and It was swelling fast, it felt hot and itchy. I took a couple of Benadryl and a Prednisone and while it is still swollen 8 hours later, the acceleration if swelling stopped after the meds.

I've battled unexplained inflammation for years (even at the same wrist, just not as bad or obvious) and always looked at meds and foods, and never considered that it might be from my Fitbit.

I love my Fitbit, but I'm concerned now since I wasn't informed of this possibility by Fitbit, I'm worried that another might cause the same reaction. Did you ever try another Fitbit and if so, did you have a problem with it?

Electronics can break down and allergies can develop where you used to be fine and suddenly you're not okay with it anymore.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I haven’t worn a Fitbit since. My arm, whilst not too swollen, hasn’t gone back to normal. I miss my fitbit. It’s such a shame. I’d love to be able to wear one again. 

Best Answer