Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems connecting charge 3 to phone

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

Set up my Charge 3 yesterday and found that it had problems syncing. After a while I decided to start all over and reset the device on my phone. 

Now the problem is that it keeps saying that the tracker can't be connected to my phone (whilst it was no problem yesterday). These are the steps I've taken:

- Tracker is in charger

- Bluetooth is on

- My phone is compatible

- The tracker is found

- I enter the code correctly

- After entering the code, it keeps saying "Try again, not working"

Does anyone have an idea?

Thanks!

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Try restarting the Fitbit.

To do this put the Fitbit Charge 3 into its charger then press and hold the left side "button" for around 8 seconds until it vibrates and a smiley face appears.

Whilst doing that it wouldn't hurt to check the Fitbit isn't listed as a bluetooth device on your phone and removing it if it is. Then turn your phone off and on again. Then go back into setting up the Fitbit via the app.

Your phone / the app / the Fitbit Charge 3 has possibly got a bit confused with where you started over.

Community Council Member

Sean | London, England

Charge 3, Blaze (Retired), One (Retired) / iPhone XS Max (iOS 12.2)

Please visit Fitbit Help if more help is needed

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
33 REPLIES 33

Try restarting the Fitbit.

To do this put the Fitbit Charge 3 into its charger then press and hold the left side "button" for around 8 seconds until it vibrates and a smiley face appears.

Whilst doing that it wouldn't hurt to check the Fitbit isn't listed as a bluetooth device on your phone and removing it if it is. Then turn your phone off and on again. Then go back into setting up the Fitbit via the app.

Your phone / the app / the Fitbit Charge 3 has possibly got a bit confused with where you started over.

Community Council Member

Sean | London, England

Best Answer

I am having the same problem. It stopped syncing yesterday so I did the same and l took it off my phone and to add it back on and now it won’t go bavk on my phone. I have checked everything too. 

My boyfriend is having a problem syncing his phone to so not sure if the issue is with all Fitbit as he has the ionic. 

Best Answer

Always start by deleting your tracker in your phone's bluetooth connections before starting over.

Best Answer

Just tried that too I have deleted everything off my Bluetooth and it is still not connecting. Thank you for your advice. 

Best Answer

Also make sure your phone / tablet have the latest operating system, the Fitbit app is fully updated and that your phone / tablet is on the supported device list:

Fitbit Supported Devices

Community Council Member

Sean | London, England

Best Answer

Thank you!!

This has worked! Also deleted the charge from my Bluetooth before restarting. Great!

Best Answer

Awesome 😄 Technology is a fickle mistress at times!

Community Council Member

Sean | London, England

Best Answer

Still not working 🙁

Best Answer

Seantnash, I can agree with you on this statement only to a certain degree. If you compare recent Fitbit products to other awesome technology on the market, thier products seem to work correctly right out of the box! Fibit’s recent reputation of awesome technology is just the opposite. To me it would point to a lack of understanding this awesome technology by the manufacturer.

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem with my charge 3.

I've tried restarting it and deleting the app then reinstalling but it won't find the Fitbit.

My problem seems to have started when I did an update on my phone (Nokia 6.1) has your phone done any updates lately?

Best Answer

I got the same thing, update last night and ever sense not working - can't sync plus fitbit is not connecting to phone.

Best Answer

My Charge 3 seems to be operating, but when I've tried to connect it to my Android Fitbit App the app goes into a coma after entering the 4 digit pairing code.  I updated the firmware today. 

After failing to connect several times.  I have removed the Charge 3 from my Fitbit App.  I have reset the Charge 3.  I have unpaired the Charge 3 in my phone's bluetooth settings and restarted the phone.  I have had the Charge 3 cable connected to the Charge 3 and the USB port on my PC while trying to connect.  I'm out of clever ideas.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks jlpayne!

Clearing Data worked!  Finally!

Here's her advice that cleared up my connecting problem.

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Charge-3/Charge-3-won-t-sync-and-won-t-pair-after-removing-it/m-p/29...

Best Answer

Did that, but now it won't connect again...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Every answer or suggestion is regarding a smart phone, I just want the tracker on my desktop but when I try to add the tracker it try's to find Bluetooth, my desktop does not have BT. I have a fit bit dongle in a USB port   this is the reply I get  Keep your Charge 3 near and make sure your phone's Bluetooth is on. Disconnect any other Bluetooth devices at this time. So how do I set it up please

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks mcferg62

and Thanks jlpayne!

Clearing Data worked!  Finally!

Here's jlpayne!'s advice that cleared up my connecting problem.

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Charge-3/Charge-3-won-t-sync-and-won-t-pair-after-removing-it/m-p/29...

tried everything else and my pixel2 screen would just hang on the 'connecting' page (after entering in the PIN). Did the above, followed by another system reboot and connected flawlessly and quickly on the first attempt. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you, thank you.  it worked.  not sure why my iphone stopped syncing to my fitbit charge 23.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried this, didn't work.. Apparently the iPhone XR cannot sync/pair to my Fitbit...

Best Answer

I have a Carge 3 and I’ve now removed it from my phone and iPad.  Now I can’t pair it with either of the above.  It’s also showing the incorrect time and it’s supposed to update itself.  I also think it’s the Fitbit that’s causing the problem.  My iPad and phone can see it, but they can’t connect to pair with it.

Best Answer
0 Votes