Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems setting up Charge HR to Samsung A8

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I decided to start using my Charge HR again and I couldn't get it to sync. So far I have:

- toggled bluetooth

- rebooted phone

- restarted fitbit

- turned off vpn

- unpaired all Bluetooth devices

- disabled wifi

- double checked permissions

- restarted phone again for good measure

- uninstalled and reinstalled app

- removed device

When adding the device back my phone finds the device immediately. It gives me the four digit code. If I put the code in wrong, it says I got it wrong, so phone and device are communicating. When I type it in correctly it goes to "Connecting..." and stays there. I have let it run up to 5 minutes a couple times now.

Any ideas on why it can see the device but not connect to it? Using a galaxy a8 on Android 8.0. Device was working fine three months ago, has been in a clean and dry drawer since then. 

Moderator edit: updated title for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi there @Swagglypuff, welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums! 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems getting your Charge HR to sync to your Samsung Galaxy A8. Thanks a lot for all the effort put in trying to get this resolved. I'd like to help you out!

Now, since it seems you've tried almost everything that I would suggest, I can recommend one last thing and this is to give your Charge HR a factory reset. 

Please check this article for the instructions on how to perform the factory reset and then, try to set it up again. Let me know if you need more help!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes