Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pure frustration with Charge 4 and 3

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am sorry to whoever will read this, but there is no other word to describe my journey with Fitbit. 

My first one was Charge 3, I had it since October 2018. During June 2020 (yeah after 1 year guarantee passed) screen started to flicker and became massively unresponsive. When I wanted to track my workout I had to spent 20 minutes trying to swipe to correct part to start it and 10 minutes after workout to stop tracking of workout.  It did not want to restart while being on charger. And yeah I was doing Insanity workout (63 day long workout program) and weighting every calorie I ate and Fitbit counting how much I have to move and eat. Well at the times it worked. I will just mention that when I set on Charge 3 I am doing workout it counts around 440 cals burned which is accurate, then adding previous workout where for some reason it counts like 170 nonsense.

So I decided to purchase Charge 4. I recived it on 24.7. 2020. I payed for 3 year guarantee from the seller. Fun part is that it did not want to connect to my old phone Xiaomi Redmi Note 3, because it did not have newer version of Android. Newer version of Android is not available for that phone anymore.
But anyway I got new phone Xiaomi Mi 10, so why not try to connect it there. Android version was enough. But it looks like it has problem with pairing due to Bluetooth. 
I swaped Charge 3 for 4. Pairing process somehow happened with couple of uninstall and install dance, turning off bluetooth and so on.
I had ONE DAY when Charge 4 was working normally. I was able to mark doing yoga with it. And then it stopped tracking my steps --, steps in hour --, resting heart rate stays same since Monday noon (when it stopped tracking), km I walked --, burnt calories --, active zone --, floors climbed --, no data of sleep tracking, -- of kg, and 1 of 5 active days (which is actuallz wrong, it is 3 now). 
Yes, I rebooted it, over past 3 days maybe 20 times. Yes, I restarted it while being on charging cable 3 times over past 3 days. But it did not make any change. It does not even let me set that I am doing yoga on device. Only thing I can do is to mark on app that I am going for walk and only then it counts some steps. Green light is not coming off on bottom side at all, but was before that one day when it was working. 
So now I have Charge 3 that periodically flickers and then fixes itself. 
And brand new Charge 4 that I can use to see what the time is, what the date is and how many days till my period. And honestly I am sorry that I payed 166 euro for time, date and menstruation calendar...
I can not believe how faulty those things are. I dont really know what to do. I read on help forum that somebody had same problem with Charge 4 not tracking anything and that one midnight it magically fixed itself. So.... is it going to be tonight, or in a week or when? Because I would really like to get back on track with workout and calories counting. 
Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

I would call support.  They will walk you through everything, ensuring you are on the correct software and that your interfaces are working correctly.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah Right.

Best Answer
0 Votes