Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random spikes in heart rate

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi everyone I’ve had my charge 2 for a couple of years. I’ve had heart checks in the past, heart scan, 24 hour monitor, stress test. This was due to some heart palpitations I was having they put it down to an ectopic beat and they’ve all come back fine, when I do exercise because I am out of shape my heart rate does go up quite rapidly to 160 within 30/60 seconds of a jog but now my Fitbit keeps showing these really high random spikes when I am resting and not doing anything strenuous at all. It’s also showing as high spikes on the Cardiogram app I have synced to my Fitbit data. It’s freaking me out, is it just a glitch, analysing and picking up false data or is my heart shooting up to 200 for no reason? It’s really putting me off exercise and doing anything at all really in case I send my heart rate up

to ridiculous rates. Should I be worried or not? I keep my Fitbit on my arm that isn’t my writing hand, I keep it strapped tight on my wrist so it’s not moving around and it’s about 2 inches up my wrist. The latest spike was after I had, had a bath. I just got dressed put my Fitbit back on and was sat down I have just looked at the data and it’s showing as 200 bpm?! I remember feeling like it was slightly higher at the time due to me being hot but I would never have thought 200 bpm. What does everyone think is it time for a new Fitbit or time for a trip to the doctor?? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

DC8EFFD7-21B5-4324-8B57-C1925BBAD326.png

 Fitbit data

Best Answer
0 Votes

5591A180-6BB5-4645-A757-8AD150FBDBAD.png

 Cardiogram data

Best Answer
0 Votes