Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reminder to Move was taken away! Charge HR

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I got a Fitbit Charge HR about 3 weeks ago. And when I set it up I had the option to have reminder to move alarms when I did not meet my hourly goal.  I first opted to turn this off because I did not think I wanted it. I decided I did want the reminders to help keep me moving, and when back to my dashboard to turn it on. I followed the instructions to get there:

FITBIT.COM DASHBOARD
  1. On the fitbit.com dashboard, tap the gear icon in the top right corner.
  2. Click Settings > Devices and then click your tracker.
  3. Under Reminders to Move, find an option to turn off your Reminders to Move notifications.

And the "Reminders to Move" is no longer there! I contacted the chat help and was told:

Nica (9/15/2016, 7:46:15 AM): However, the reminders to move feature is available for Fitbit Alta, Fitbit Blaze, Fitbit Charge 2, and Fitbit Flex 2.
Me (9/15/2016, 7:46:33 AM): I had it on mine! I know it asked me when I set up my Fitbit!
Nica (9/15/2016, 7:47:25 AM): However, it is only available for the 4 trackers above.
Me (9/15/2016, 7:47:34 AM): Was it taken away recently?
Nica (9/15/2016, 7:49:49 AM): Would it be okay if I discuss this case with my higher colleague and team so they can review your other options?
Me (9/15/2016, 7:50:00 AM): Can you please answer my question above?
Nica (9/15/2016, 7:51:07 AM): It seems odd. It is not available for Charge HR that's why I'm not sure why it appears in your Fitbit app.
Me (9/15/2016, 7:51:52 AM): Yes I would like this resolved. it is very frustrating to me that I had the opportunity to have this at one point, and now it is gone.
Nica (9/15/2016, 7:52:58 AM): I apologize for the inconvenience this might caused you Stevi.
Nica (9/15/2016, 7:53:23 AM): In this case, I'll be sending you a follow up email after I review this with my team.
Me (9/15/2016, 7:53:33 AM): ok thank you. have a good day.

What happened to it? I am very disappointed that I had this option and now it is taken away.  Please bring this back!  Has anyone else had this same experience of once having the option on the Charge HR and it is now gone?

Best Answer
34 REPLIES 34

I'm with customer support on this one - the Charge HR has never had the reminders to move. However, it does have the hourly activity log - where it tracks steps you take each hour but does not remind you if you haven't taken the 250 steps. Could you perhaps be confusing the two? The tracking is on by default so perhaps the setting for this has been removed.

http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1878/

Best Answer

The only alternative I can think of is that an option did appear (in error) when you were setting things up. As everyone else has suggested, however, the Charge HR has never yet supported this feature so had you selected it nothing would actually have happened.

For what it's worth, Reminders To Move was introduced when the Alta came out and has now been released with the Charge 2 and Flex 2. The update for the Blaze is also in mid roll-out as I type.

Mike | London, UK

Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, Charge, Flex 2 - iPad Air 2, Nokia Lumia 925 (Deceased), iPhone 6

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
Thank you for the replies. I was able to return my Charge HR today and exchange it for a Charge 2. I am much happier having the Charge 2 now as it has more options.
Best Answer
0 Votes
It definitely did show up.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Besides having the reminder to move you have saved yourself the grief of the "bubbling" band that the Charge HR would have almost certainly developed... If I ever get another FitBit tracker it will be the Charge 2.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same feature when I set up my HR in April.  I turned it off because I didn't think i'd use it but then decided I wouldn't mind having it and noticed that it was gone.  Very disappointed. It can't be a fluke.

Best Answer

I would like this feature to be available on Charge HR as well. I won't be purchasing a Charge HR 2 for some time unless a waterproof  Charge HR is brought out and I just purchased a flex 2 for swimming and I only wear it when swimming. I wear the Charge HR at all other times because it has the heart rate monitor.

Best Answer

This answer in completely incorrect. Of course it had it. I used it from the start until it was taken away. Very unhappy about the loss of this feature.

Best Answer

Exactly! I had it, used it for a while. Turned it off....decided I wanted it back. Gone!! :-(( 

Fitbit probably needed some "extra" features on the charge 2. Very unsatisfied about this! 

Best Answer

Seriously, why would you buy a Fitbit given the company's utter disregard for customer needs?

Best Answer

@Chicagodude, I'm not sure what generation the Charge HR is. It was released about the same time as the Charge and the Surge, proceded by the Force (recalled), Flex,Fitbit One, Zip,  Ultra and the first model (i forget this model's name)

- As for reminder to move, the Charge HR never had this feature.

- I don't know how a snooze function would help with a nap. This feature is used to extend an alarm that has already gone off.

- the USB Bluetooth dongle was provided because most Win 7 computers do not have Bluetooth 4.0 low energy, which is needed since this is what your tracker uses. 

- As for win 7 machines,  I'm not sure if they are still the most popular but in general they are considered the most unsecure systems. Even Microsoft accidentally released a statement, oage has since been removed from Microfts site, saying that they can not be made secure. Personally i dont trust any Windows machine.

- OK Fitbit has chosen not to replace bands, do a search of Amazon, you'll find that third parties now offer replacement band kits. They are cheaper than what Fitbit would be charging.

- it has been almost 3 years, with 5 new models released, 4 in one year since the Charge HR.

Best Answer

I have had only one model of Fitbit, the Charge HR. When I first got it in February of 2016, it had the reminder to move. After an update, it did not. 

Best Answer

I added silent alarms for this purpose... you're allowed to set up 8 of them... so i did them for work hours, and this helped me move during the days at my desk

Best Answer

That does the trick! Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

you mentianed the bubble problem and the cannot replace band however if you contact support they will send you a new fitbit of the same type free of charge.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same experience, I had reminders set then with an update they were all gone 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same experience, I had reminders set then with an update they were all gone. Will this be coming back for hr users. I would a reminder to drink water 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I've was looking the other day and I couldn't find it anywhere. I just remembered again I want to set it up and it is gone! I was hoping that the reminder to move would help me get more steps in during my day.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I'm looking for this feature too. It seems really dumb that they'd remove this feature- I used to use it often but I removed it when I was on summer break and was more active. Now that I'm at my desk more, I need it back.

Honestly I feel like all my fitbit does now is track my steps and the time of day. Not really worth the $100+ I spent on it. When it eventually quits working, I won't be buying a new one but I will be looking at the other companies out there. 

Best Answer
0 Votes