Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reminders to move not working on Charge 2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My reminders to move have not been working since the latest update.  I've tried toggling on and off, disconnecting and reconnecting.  Getting a bit frustrated as it's been over 2 weeks now.  

Best Answer
285 REPLIES 285

Hi,

I followed your instructions to the letter and today my notifications to move are working. They are described below:

Firstly, in the Fitbit app I tapped the hourly activity tile and then tapped the gear icon and found the notifications switched off. I turned the notifications on.

Secondly, I logged into my fitbit.com dashboard and clicked the gear icon in the top right corner. Under Settings > Devices > Heart Rate, and found setting was set to On, I changed this to Auto and today my notifications are working.

Really like the notifications as I am an office worker.

Thanks. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My settings are already set to that and it hasn't worked 90% of the time for the last month.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So my next weird thing, having gone through the RtM not working and having to reset everything and rebooting the device, is that the Fitbit today has me down as having done more than 250 steps every hour for 10 hours and I got the little 10 out of 10 dance, but the app and the dashboard on my computer have me down as having only completed 9 out of 10 hours.

Anyone know why this is?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Your question @fiona is not about reminders to move on the Charge, but reminded s to move in the app. Are they showing correctly on the web at Fitbit.com?

Currently this is a known hiccup that is being looked into by the developers. im sure once the source of it is found, a solution will be eminent and put in place. 

This has affected more than one model so most likely not a problem with the tracker. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Rich_Laue; it's a problem both with the app and the web dashboard.

I'm relieved it's a known issue and that they're working on it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

An update.

My charge 2 has continued to give me notifications to move following charging which appears to have been the issue in previous posts where the notifications have ceased following charging..

Make sure notifications are switched on in your Fitbit app and the heart rate monitor is set to Auto and not On.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was hoping this would be my fix.  Alas, my heartrate was already on Auto 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Has this bug been fixed yet?  The "Reminder to Move" is one of the main features I chose the Fitbit.  Is this something that could be resolved with a new device under warrenty?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've given up. There is an android app "Randomly RemindMe" that while a somewhat confusing interface is able to remind me to walk every hour. It does mean I have to have my phone with me but 99% of the time I do.  

It is almost like WTH fitbit why can't you get this feature working? The only reason I stay on fitbit now is because all my friends are on it. But perhaps once I get a SmartWatch that may be it for fitbit and me. To sell product and not deliver a feature that works consistently is just unbelievable. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I experienced the same problem after i changed my phone. I did whatever other mentioned in this post and still didn't work. I quitted and took out my fitbit letting it on my bed side table. Next day i was surprised it worked normally 🙂 something different though, is that my phone ask to enable my bluetooth and the notifications. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Kmransom123 wrote:

@Leenz  Have you doubled checked on the Charge 2 itself to be sure notifications are set to "ON"?  (Press and hold side button to turn on or off). 

This worked for me but I don't understand how it ever got turned off in the first place. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I just got the new update: firmware 22.22.53.4 and now my reminders to move are finally working. Thank you!

Skaffa Outlook för Android
Best Answer
0 Votes
I've checked that twice 😞

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

i have the same problem did you ever get it resolved?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner since you already checked to make sure your tracker is not in its DND mode.

I suggest changing the active hour settings then doing a sync. This can ne done through the app or web.

If this doesnt work, then set uour tracker up as a replacement to itself 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi all,

Following the actions detailed below I received Notification to Move from my Charge 2:

It is worth noting I have the iPhone Fitbit app and the Windows 10 Fitbit app on my computer.

!. On the iPhone app, tap the relevant tile, then click on the gear icon (top right corner of the screen),  then check reminders to move is set to ON.

2. On the Fitbit.com dashboard, using my PC, tap the relevant dashboard tile then click on the gear icon (top right corner of the screen), again check reminders to move is set to ON

3. Make sure the heart rate monitoring is set to AUTO and not ON

4. On the Charge 2 device, hold the button until you see the notifications OFF, then repeat to see notifications ON

I have had the reminders to move without fail since.

Hopefully this will work for you..

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just charged my Fitbit Charge 2 and the reminder to move is not working.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Elaine43,

Make sure your notifications are switched ON.

The battery charger can inadvertently switch them OFF.

Hope this helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I installed the new update (22.53.4) on my Charge 2 (and, for good measure, I rebooted the fitibit, by holding down the button while it was on the charger). It fixed the Reminders To Move (RTM) problem. I can now set the heart rate monitor to Off, and RTM still works. (I prefer the heart rate monitor off, because I don't use it and having it off makes the battery last much longer.) The comments that various people have made still apply - you have to be careful not to accidentally turn notifications off when you put the fitbit on the charger. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Lol I was having the same issue and this helped me. Thanks! I must have accidentally pressed and held. 

Best Answer
0 Votes