Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reminders to move not working on Charge 2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My reminders to move have not been working since the latest update.  I've tried toggling on and off, disconnecting and reconnecting.  Getting a bit frustrated as it's been over 2 weeks now.  

Best Answer
285 REPLIES 285

This must have been what happened to me...my notifications on the device itself were off.  I have turned them back on.  Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi I was having the same problem and thankfully I managed to sort it. Check the Fitbit watch notification setting, scroll across the watch and you will come across notifications make sure this is switched to on (press the button on the side until it changes to on). Once this is on you should start to receive the reminder to move notifications again. 

Hope this helps. 

Best Answer
Thank you.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Kmransom123 wrote:

@Leenz  Have you doubled checked on the Charge 2 itself to be sure notifications are set to "ON"?  (Press and hold side button to turn on or off). 

Oh my goodness!  Why is this not the first answer to the question at all times!  That was it!  After numerous uninstalls and resets, turning it on at the Fitbit level was the way to do it.  Than you!

Best Answer
I think sometimes when you're hooking up the battery it may hit the button
on the side, which may affect the notifications. I'll check that going
forward.
Best Answer
0 Votes

OMG you guys...I had to scroll to the last page to find this out!  Can't you hard code the answer to the first page???

Best Answer

@sarahjoost and @zigbaby305 if the original poster marks a post as a solution it will get hard coded to the front page. I can do it for them if you would like. 

Best Answer
Yes, I think that would work!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I would love to see @Kmransom123 solution to this problem posted on the first page.  I think that would be helpful to many.  THANKS!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@sarahjoost sorry this really is not addressed to just you. i just did a quick scroll through this thread and noticed that @Kmransom123 is the first response, so yes it is basically at the top. However his post did not help the origanal poster, so technically it is not the solution. I have noticed that his answer was easily repeated at leat a dozen times throughout the thread.

This DND function was a highly requested feature, has been in the tracker for several updates and is explained in detail in the user manual, of which is available to be downloaded from the help.fitbit.com site, link found below as help. Manual at https://staticcs.fitbit.com/content/assets/help/manuals/manual_charge_2_en_US.pdf see page 7.

It amazes me as to how few know about this feature. The user may also add the Notifacations to the Menu Structure, allowing easier access to its status. See http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2097/

Best Answer
0 Votes

This "Clock Face Fix" worked for me as well. Although I haven't synced it back to the original clock face yet. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is REALLY IRRITATING!!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much, I couldn't figure out why it stopped notifying me!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
You are so welcome! It’s crazy that it is so simple and I had to shift through pages to find the solution.
Best Answer

Thank you, I am not that patient. Also, I know when it got shut off - when I hooked my fitbit up to the charging unit 😞  Sounds like a design flaw?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for telling me this, mine were off lol

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

Just received my replacement fitbit charge 2 and I tried RogerPolk's method and it worked. 

I did all the other instructions previously and couldn't get the reminders to work, and this time round, I tried Off/On the notification on the device itself and it worked! 

Happy days 🙂

Best Answer
Thank you.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

This was SO helpful. As was the message below about how the charger may inadvertently turn off the notifications. I had never even realized that notifications can be turned on/off this way and I had been getting pretty concerned after reading all of these comments. Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes
RIGHT!!! So glad this was helpful to you. Hopefully, this solution will stay on top of the posts. 😉
Best Answer
0 Votes