Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reminders to move not working on Charge 2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My reminders to move have not been working since the latest update.  I've tried toggling on and off, disconnecting and reconnecting.  Getting a bit frustrated as it's been over 2 weeks now.  

Best Answer
285 REPLIES 285

So in order to get the reminder to move, I have to let the Charge 2 bother me every time I get a text message? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

THAT WAS THE PROBLEM. THANKS! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

That fixed it. Thx!  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi All,

This happened to me, too.  I just called Fitbit to ask why my reminders to move stopped appearing... and I got an answer!

Apparently, at some point, I had inadvertently turned off my notifications -- this is VERY easy to do, because all it takes is a long press of the button on the watch (on my previous device, was what I had to do to scroll thru the device menu, so if you've used other devices, there is a good chance that at some point, you also did the same thing).  All you need to do is long-press the button on the device again and you should see "notifications on," meaning that you should start receiving reminders to get up and move.

Best Answer

DIdn't work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

As to accidentally turning off notifications ON the Charge 2, I just saw this, and my notifications were indeed off.  Hold the button, then it will show notifications off.  I changed to on.  Now I'm waiting to see if I get my "time to move" vibration.  Thanks!  

Best Answer
I just confirmed - the option to turn on or off notifications is now a
first class "page" on the watch.  I know it wasn't always there - must
have appeared during an update.  But here's the rub - in the phone app
where you get to choose what you see on your watch, you CANNOT remove
this option!  So it must remain there, waiting to be accidentally
triggered.  You can't even specify where it appears in the list, so I
have to click past it to see the other things I want.

I assume this is a development sync problem - they added the option to
the watch but not to the app yet.  I'm hoping that with the next update
it will appear in the "Customize Display" section of the app so we can
either remove it or put it on the end.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Duh! Thank you. LOL. I even knew this, but had simply forgotten it. Sheesh!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@jdiamond, through the Charge 2 - Settings - Menu, you'll find the Battery level and notification as menu screens tyat may be added.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks so much - it really *IS* an option on menu items now. I can turn
off the notifications widget to avoid accidentally turning off
notifications from my watch. Weirdly, though, I can no longer change
the order of the menu items on my Fitbit.

--

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks!  I've had the same problem for a while now.  Problem solved!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks!!! This turned out to be my problem!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi guys, my Fitbit charge 2 is not even 3 weeks old, the hourly reminder isn’t working anymore, and yes, it’s turned on.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is already set to auto and I am not getting any reminders.  😞 fitbit.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

That solution worked for me! Thanks!

@Kmransom123 wrote:

@Leenz  Have you doubled checked on the Charge 2 itself to be sure notifications are set to "ON"?  (Press and hold side button to turn on or off). 

Best Answer
0 Votes

THANK YOU!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@jdiamond the menus on the Charge 2 are customizable. Through the app hold your finger on the menu that you want to move, then move it. You may also remove it. 

@Tewald you always can turn notifications off through the Fitbit app. 

@Fit1234 and @kjprzy have you read @CBGPHD's post above? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I, too, am frustrated that my reminder to move at :50 each hour have stopped vibrating.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine stoped and the app on phone said it was on. However, scrolling through the Fitbit itself (not the app) revealed the notifications were off in the device. It seems to turn off every time I charge it so I just turn it back on after each charge and notifications are working like a champ!

Sent from my iPhone

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I was having the same issues as everyone in this forum and followed all the steps to restar my Fitbit, restarted my phone, unpaired the devices and paired them again. I tried changing the times of the Ready to Move notifications, changed the clock face as some suggested, etc. Nothing worked. 

However, I did remember that my tracker had displayed a "Notifications Off" message so I looked at how to turn the tracker's Notifications back on and that did the trick. 

Follow what was suggested in this post, hold the side button to turn notifications on. 

I think this is confusing because the app notifications were all set to on but that was separate from the tracker's notifications. 

Best Answer
0 Votes