Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repairing scratches on the Charge 2 screen

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey everyone!

I’ve had my FitBit for about two weeks now and loved it up until the point that I realized it had a scratch develop today from just walking around campus and sitting in class. I know this normally wouldn’t bother most people, but I have OCD and the slightest scratches will bother me enough that I won’t be able to really look at and get the full experience from my device. 

I was was wondering if anyone anyone had used some products to at least buffer out the main part of the scratch? I’ll try to find a screen protector, but the one I paid $14 for came off within 24 hours, so I’m not too hopeful for that market.

Thanks!

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Not everyone can hear the silent language between a horse and rider. Not everyone can trust their life with a 1200 lb animal. Not everyone has the guts, blood, sweat, tears, and determination needed to be a part of this world. But equestrians are no ordinary people and horses are no ordinary animals.
Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

@EventingLyn Welcome to the Fitbit Community! It's great to have you here! You can check this thread were some users have polished scratches off of their Charge 2 screen. Regarding the screen protector I have heard that the ones that work really well are those that need soapy water to be installed. A good idea is to buy screen protectors for phone (or even better use any left purchased for your current phone) and cut the shape of your Charge 2 screen. Check this thread for more guidance.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well I put a deep scratch in mine.  I went out and got 2000 Grit Wet or Dry sandpaper.

I proceeded to sand it out, first dry then wet.  It doesn't have the gloss finish but the scratches are gone.  The matte finish is fine and I don't have the scratch peering at me all the time.

Best Answer
0 Votes