Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement Charge 2 not pairing to phone or computer

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I received a replacement Charge 2 pebble from FitBit several weeks ago. No matter what I tried, it would not sync to an Android phone (I tried two different phones) or a laptop with Bluetooth. The FitBit shows up as an "unknown device" on the laptop. I sent that pebble back and received another one today, and it's doing the exact same thing. I have no issue pairing my original pebble with my phone or my laptop. 

I have tried:

Resetting the pebble three times

Restarting the phone

Removing the current device

Uninstalling the FitBit app

Restarting the phone again

Pairing with laptop- both via the laptop's bluetooth device and via the FitBit app

Restarting the laptop

Nothing has worked! What else can I try?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

@LizardBreath Welcome! It's good that the community is growing! Which phone are you using? Is it compatible? I suggest you go to your phone's bluetooth area and remove all devices listed there then restart your phone again and restart your tracker by doing the following:

Plug the charging cable to your computer or UL certified wall adapter.
Align the contacts of the tracker with the charging cable and plug it in making sure it snaps securely.
Your tracker should start charging.
Press the button for 10 to 12 seconds.
You should see your tracker's firmware version and you can now unplug your tracker.

When retrying the setup do this on an area isolated from other bluetooth devices as they can interfere with the process. If you have a friend or relative that has a compatible device then you could try this to just setup the tracker with your account and only use your phone to sync it which should be simpler.

The same can be done from your computer, remove all bluetooth devices and make sure your computer isn't surrounded by other bluetooth devices (headphones, speakers, etc.) and restart both and retry the setup process.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there,

I have done all of these steps already. The new Charge 2 device is only showing up on my laptop's devices as an "unknown device." I have tried updating and restarting the computer, as well as restarting the device. Nothing has worked so far. How do I get the Charge 2 to show up as a Charge 2 instead of an "unknown device"? I think that might be the issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The same thing happened to me, first Fitbit would not sync, it was a Christmas present.  The replacement came and same thing will not sync.  Fitbit told me they are aware of the issue and we have to wait it out until they figure out what’s wrong, could not give me a time frame just told me to be patient and have a nice day.  Are you serious??!!!  Apple would never have said that!!!  I am so absolutely mad I can’t even express!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Have you tried using the dongle? That's what worked for me. FitBit sent me
one for free.
Best Answer
0 Votes
No, they just told me I had to wait until they found a fix

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Ask them for a dongle or buy one yourself. They're $6 on Ebay. If you have
a dongle from an older FitBit, that will probably work, too. They used to
come standard with all FitBits.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I developed the same problem a few weeks ago and it's driving me crazy...I have also tried everything...

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's good to know my husband is not the only one. My husband's original one won't charge easily because the connectors are corroding. I tried to set up his 1st replacement after fitbit sent it, and after he gave up because it kept trying to sync with mine. Nothing! Got a 2nd replacement, I even took mine off and left it at home, went to a parking lot where there is no other devices or WiFi, still nothing. So here we are with 2 replacements. Now I know that even fitbit doesn't know what's going on. We are still going to have to buy him a watch, a regular one, because he needs one for work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LizardBreath wrote:
Ask them for a dongle or buy one yourself. They're $6 on Ebay. If you have
a dongle from an older FitBit, that will probably work, too. They used to
come standard with all FitBits.

Found my old dongle, didn't work. Downloaded the app from the windows store for my computer, didn't work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue. Are there any fixes from the Fitbit team for this? My old Fitbit stopped working just before Christmas, and I am now on my second replacement Fitbit Charge 2, and it still isn't working.

As an FYI, i've tried this on an iPhone 6S and iPhone 7, have deleted old devices from my Fitbit account and Bluetooth options, have restarted the Fitbit, and phone, turned on/off the phone bluetooth, and had the Fitbit plugged into the wall - but nothing is working.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Have you tried using a dongle? If your FitBit didn't come with one, ask
FitBit for one or order one off of Ebay. They're only about $6.
Best Answer
0 Votes

What does resetting the pebble mean?

Best Answer
0 Votes