Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement fitbits failing within a couple of months

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Partner has had her device replaced four times now with the same issue.

Horizontal lines start to appear on the device, the HR monitor light will fail, the screen the fails, the device gets very hot in the cradle when you attempt to reset the device. You could see condensation in the HR monitor light casing which would indicate water had got into the "sealed" unit.

The last warranty replacement was not a pleasant experience.

Fitbit asked for the device to be sent back and a replacement would be sent out

Replacement received and had grime on one of the connectors for the strap, obviously from a previous owner and a "Refurbished Device" has been sent out, when I contacted support they just told me to clean it ......

Device sent back and asked for a device that didn't have someone elses dirt on it.

Replacement received Grime on this one as well.

Device sent back and escalated.

Finally received a New Device with no grime on it.

I on the other hand haven't had my device replaced until now. I've started a warranty return for the floor counter thinking I do 100+ floors a day sometimes. no doubt I'll have to go through this process again....

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hello @temporaldoom Welcome to the community forums! 

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide your feedback and for the troubleshooting steps you've followed! I'm sorry for the experience but please note that our team is always working to enhance your experience and your feedback is a big part of that process.

At this time, I was able to see that you have reached out to our Support Team and they are currently working on your case. Since you have received assistance from them, I suggest you to update your case if you require further assistance or if you have any additional questions about the outcome of your case. 

Have a great day! 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes