Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy J3

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Does anyone know when the Samsung Galaxy J3 will be compatible with the Charge 2. 

Best Answer
32 REPLIES 32

I have just upgraded to a J3 (2017) and all works apart from notifications. Notifications worked on J3(2016) albeit a little delayed so I just figured it would work on J3 (2017).

Best Answer
0 Votes

Do you have the notifications working? I also have a charge 2 and a J3 and I have the device syncing but I can not get notifications to work. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

As the Samsung Galaxy J3 looked like it was going to be problematic I decided to upgrade my phone to Samsung Galaxy S7 and it works perfectly with my Flex 2 - just hope it stays compatible when newer versions come out!

Best Answer
0 Votes

mine works fine. I only have the silent alarm and the 'step-time' notification on. I turned off the txt and call notifications; I find them more annoying than anything else.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had my J3 for over a year now with no problems until 3 Feb. Now it will not sync no matter what I do. I'm not impressed.

Best Answer

Mine will sync but it will not pair for some reason very strange. I think this maybe what the issue is for me. I found having the notifications on handy especially when in meetings as i don' have to get my phone out I can just have a quick glance at my arm to see if it' important or not. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

We should ask fitbit to support Samsung Galaxy J3 by voting on dedicated Feature Suggestions here https://community.fitbit.com/xmnuz23762/board/message?board.id=features&message.id=88844#M88844

Best Answer
0 Votes

I keep seeing positive comments from moderators re the potential for the J3 to link to the charge 2.  It doesn't, despite these optimistic statements for over a year.  I assume you've given up, I'm very frustrated!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I see you said the engineers are working daily to get the J3 to connect on this post, but that was a year ago.......

What a waste of times and money.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I didn't get the Galaxy J3 in the end and went for the Galaxy S7 which worked instantly with my flex 2. I ended up having to pay a bit more on my monthly phone rental but I am pleased with the S7 so makes it worthwhile and hopefully it will remain supported by fitbit. 

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I have given up. After trying everything the fitbit helpnteam suggested I was told the only thing I could so was change my phone to a phone that was on the comparability list. My J3 2016 model worked just not my 2017 model. I am not about to go and pay out more money to get a phone that is compatible. I would have thought after a year they would have got the two devices to work together.

Very dissappointing. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem. Charge 2 and j3 2017 don't pair in bluetooth settings. So notifications don't work.

I think they are not compatible

Best Answer
0 Votes

Glad I looked for this question. I have had the charge 2 for  a year, just updated to a new samsung j3 and I have been standing on my head. the app works with the watch but the phone  does not see the watch on the blue tooth...so I cant get notifications of calls....glad I am not standing on my head restarting and sending tons of notification tests..just probably sent 50. Guess it wont work for call notifications like my old 30 dollar smart phone. Irony.

Best Answer
0 Votes