Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S8+ text messages not coming through on Charge 3

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Greetings, all!  I've seen several threads on this topic started (going back several years) but cannot seem to find the cut-and-dry answer.  In spite of all the suggestions to either resync, reload, reboot, and reconnect devices, nothing seems to work to get text messages read on the Charge 3 for Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ phones.  So, what's the final answer?  Is this a supported feature for either Fitbit or Samsung or will this just not work currently until a "fix" is made available??

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hey there @ChrisMSW01, it's nice to see you around! Thanks for taking the time troubleshoot this inconvenience with your notifications, nice way to go! 

Hmmm... Since you're in Android phone, if the preview message is off then it won't preview through Fitbit either, no matter what you set it to through the app. So, check it by going to Settings --> Device --> Applications --> Messages --> Notifications --> Must be on, pop-up display switched on, and Preview Message on. Smiley Very Happy

Give this a go and let me know the outcome! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

Hey there @ChrisMSW01, it's nice to see you around! Thanks for taking the time troubleshoot this inconvenience with your notifications, nice way to go! 

Hmmm... Since you're in Android phone, if the preview message is off then it won't preview through Fitbit either, no matter what you set it to through the app. So, check it by going to Settings --> Device --> Applications --> Messages --> Notifications --> Must be on, pop-up display switched on, and Preview Message on. Smiley Very Happy

Give this a go and let me know the outcome! 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

HOLY MOLY!  It's a Festivus Miracle!  After hours of searching on line and sorting through countless posts on the Fitbit community boards, you have finally solved the problem with one swift message, Marre!!  Yes, it works like a charm now!

Seriously, this solution should be required reading for any other Samsung users struggling with this issue.  Such an easy fix once you get pointed in the right direction!

Cheers to you, Marre!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

So happy to read this message @ChrisMSW01Smiley Very Happy I'm glad to hear these steps did the trick my friend.

Thanks for marking my response as the solution. Marking posts as solutions is a great way of thanking another community member while also highlighting their solution so that it may be discovered more easily by other community member's facing the same questions or issues as you. 

Don't hesitate to let me know if there's anything else I may assist you with.

Happy Holidays! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

MareeFitbit,

You are the one! I've searched hi and low for this fix and you just nailed it!!

Thank you very much. I hope all the others with this issue see your thread.

Might I suggest that you post this solution in your FAQ's for the Charge 3? There are tons of questions and your the first to answer it with a working solution. Just my two cents.

Merry Christmas!!

John

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Gonroven! Yay! I'm so glad to hear that my response did the trick for you two. Robot Very Happy Thanks for the suggestion, I'll pass this along to our team. 

Don't hesitate to ping me out if you need further assistance with anything else, I'm always around! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

You're quite welcome.

Merry Christmas

Moderator edit: removed personal information

Best Answer

Hope to see you participating in the Community more often since I think it would be awesome for you to explore our Community. You can go ahead and log to any of the topics that might be of your interest in our Discussion boards. Feel free to comment and contribute with your knowledge and experience.

Merry Christmas to you too @GonrovenSmiley Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Go to settings on the phone or the fitbit settings? I do not see a setting for messages anywhere.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @PamJol, welcome to the Community Forums. I've seen you contacted our Support Team after posting here and that they have helped you with this. I'm sure that from now on, everything should be working correctly. 😉

If the notifications stopped working after a firmware update, in these cases you most likely would have to set up the notifications again:

1. Tap the Today tab and tap your profile picture. 
  2. Tap your device image > Notifications
  3. Choose the types of notifications you want to receive and the app you use most for each category.

For more detailed information about notifications, see: How do I get notifications from my phone on my Fitbit device? 

Let me know if there's anything else I may do to assist you with. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did not work for me

Best Answer
0 Votes