Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S9 can't find Charge 2 after updates on app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

I bought my Charge 2 about 8 months ago and all was fine with it until the two most recent updates. Now, my phone can't find the device, won't sync, no notifications, alarms are sporadic, and tracking is inaccurate. I have no Bluetooth connection on my computer, so no syncing is possible there. And the app from iTunes is similar but I'm having periodic problems with that on my iPod as well. Tried calling customer service twice with no help. Just wondering is anyone else has encountered the same problems after the update with a Samsung s9. App was working perfectly before the updates. Seriously considering buying a device from a different company as I've been without service for two weeks now.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

@angelj437 Welcome! Thanks for being part of our Community! Not sure if you mean you updated the Fitbit app on your Samsung S9 or if you updated the OS on your phone? Still you can try these suggestions. You can try refreshing the link between both by going to the bluetooth settings area on your phone and removing all devices listed there (not only the Charge 2). Restart your phone and then restart your Charge 2 by doing the following:

Plug the charging cable to your computer or UL certified wall adapter. 
Align the contacts of the tracker with the charging cable and plug it in making sure it snaps securely.
Your tracker should start charging.
Press the button for 10 to 12 seconds.
You should see your tracker's firmware version and you can now unplug your tracker.

Check that the Fitbit app has the necessary permissions (settings > apps > Fitbit > permissions). After this open the Fitbit app to start a sync.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I've tried all of that multiple times. I meant the update(s) for the app. Nothing is working to get it to sync. I was able to get it recognized by my ipod, but now the syncing for that is spotty and has missed hours and entire days. I've never had these problems before this month. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a S7 and I just started having the same issues.

I followed many of the steps outline except I was not able to "unpair" my Charge 2 from the list of devices.  I was able to go into the FitBit app and delete it from the devices.  After turning the phone off and on, I "added" the Charge 2 to the app again and it downloaded.

I hope that it lasts for a while.   Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have unpaired each time the app has an update. Hasn't worked. I'm starting to lose entire days of data due to this and I can no longer track my sleep schedule. Extremely frustrated at this point. Just using it as watch now

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately I am having the same problem on my S9+. I did manage to to restart my Fitbit via instructions from the Fitbit  site,  and it is now syncing, however my bluetooth cannot find my device.

Best Answer
0 Votes