Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen cracked in heat

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit charge 2 is a new band. My daughter and I upgraded to charge 2. Bought them in December. We're in Jamaica for a week February, doing nothing but walking the beach. Mine was fine in the morning when I was done walking my 10000 steps my screen was cracked down the center and along the bottom. My daughter woke up the next morning and hers was also cracked the same way. We didn't do anything but walk the beach. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
412 REPLIES 412
My wife is now on third Fitbit Charge 2 and this has again cracked, no accidental damage inflicted to the device, this has again cracked by itself.

I will try to get a refund on the device and then buy a different device for my wife, probably not a Fitbit, because the Charge 2 is the only feminine looking device in the current range with good features. So probably go with a Fossil smart watch. Have looked at these recently, they are very impressive in features and offer a good range of Boy & Girl designs.

I still have my Blaze, it has had a hard life, I am NOT at all careful with it, it has no cracks and still operates as good as the day I got it, over 14 months old. So, Fitbit CAN make good devices, but the Charge 2 is a disgrace and the Fitbit after-care team's denial of this is creating a very negative effect in the market place. They need to change their approach, many other Watch companies are catching up with their own devices, providing us customers with a bigger (better) choice. Currently, if I were to replace my Blaze I would NOT buy another Fitbit, just in case the new one has the same design issues as the Charge 2.

Regards, Jon B.
Best Answer

Hi, mine did exactly the same last year while on holiday cracked down the middle and I got a complete replacement inc charger then a few months back I kept loosing it and realised the catch that attaches to the watch was broken fortunately I was able to swap it with the old strap.  I’ve recently returned from hols and noticed my Fitbit is cracked again but more to one side and yesterday it dropped off as the catch on the old strap has now broken. I really don’t think they are very robust. 

Best Answer
Hi. I got mine exchanged. In process of buying Alta hr hope they are better

Sent from my Huawei Mobile
Best Answer

Ive got the same problem, in Spain for a few days just been walking about, not worn at the pool where it could potentially be in the sun for a prolonged period but noticed cracked right down the middle of the screen, this is not long after strap went faulty and clips stopped working when changed strap. Maybe a quality issue. Not too sure if I’m still in the warranty period

Best Answer
0 Votes

The same happened to me wife and I. Our screen on the Fitbit charge 2 cracked in the middle midway through our vacation in Cancun last April 2018. Wonder if Fitbit will do something about it.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi GP, be very firm with them, but pleasant. I think you have a good chance of a positive outcome, there are more people posting the same failures onto the forum every week, so FitBit will be hard pushed to argue against this being a design fault. In which case, all purchasers should be eligible for a full refund or a 'new for old' replacement.

From my own experiences, I would warn against the 'Like for Like' replacement option, as the replacement is NOT an improved design, so you most likely will have a repeat failure 😞. We have had two replacements, both cracked, I have now given up and am pursuing a full refund.

Best of luck, JB.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I also am pursuing a full
Refund as the issue has not been resolved!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi,
They replaced mine free of charge.
I contacted their support Twitter page. Highly recommend them.

Kind regards

Nunno
--
Sent from Gmail Mobile
Best Answer
0 Votes

Just had exactly the same thing, just got back from Italy where one day the vibrate stopped on until it ran out of power. Two hairline cracks in screen, no impact at all I was just walking around in 33 degrees heat.

Waiting to see what my warranty options are.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My charge 2 developed a crack right down the middle. No impact or anything. Of course, I live in Phoenix, AZ, so we have a bit of a heat thing going on. I tried using the Chat, but was told that because my charge was out of warranty, the only thing he could do was offer me 25% off another one. Coupled with the fact that I also had my third band crack and he wouldn't do anything about that, also because my charge was out of warranty. Keep in mind, this was one fitbit previously replaced because the first one broke before in the exact same spot. My husband got me an Ionic, but I'm having second thoughts about keeping anything with the fitbit name at this point. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Try taking it back to where you bought it from. They may change it.
--
Sent from Gmail Mobile
Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorted fitbit sent replacement as they have 4 other people I no. Best going through chat far better results 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorted .Got replacement from fit bit. First one didn't work ! 2nd one did 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I bought my Fitbit in November 2016 during black Friday.

I'll be very surprised if I get a replacement for it.

I'll probably get a 25% off and force me to use it in the next 30 days.

It should come with a warning like do not use in extreme heat.

I usually don't bring my Fitbit during my vacations because I want to relax and don't want to worry about my steps.
Best Answer
0 Votes

On holiday in Greece and screen cracked down the middle yesterday on first day of heat after rain and storms for first few days. Back to London today to start negotiations with Fitbit. It was a birthday present in March and already had a broken strap replaced a month ago. They were very helpful then so I am optimistic having read all of these previous postings of the same problem. I will keep you informed.

Best Answer
This has happened to me twice just had new replacement contacted through
Twitter no hassle they couldn’t have been nicer as long as it’s in
warranty you’ll be ok
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the words of encouragement x

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone,

I have been been meaning to write and say what happened to my Fitbit for a while. After a few visits to JL,

and a long letter I got a voucher for the money I paid for my Fitbit. As much I like it I thought it s not worth getting a replacement as the same thing might happened with the replacement. Sadly no one got back to me from Fitbit, it s only because this had happened to so many customers that you still stand a chance of doing something about it with the place you bought it from. Good luck to everyone xx

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ive noticed my screen as cracked right down the middle,  never dropped or knocked . But recently sat in the sun .  Ive gone onto live chat and sorted it , sending me a replacement no bother at all.  In fact the agent was very helpful .and mine is 13 months old , charge 2 .

That you fitbit team .

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes I’ve had mine replaced as well this is my 3rd charge 2 bit reluctant to
wear it in this warm weather!
Best Answer
0 Votes