Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen cracked in heat

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit charge 2 is a new band. My daughter and I upgraded to charge 2. Bought them in December. We're in Jamaica for a week February, doing nothing but walking the beach. Mine was fine in the morning when I was done walking my 10000 steps my screen was cracked down the center and along the bottom. My daughter woke up the next morning and hers was also cracked the same way. We didn't do anything but walk the beach. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
412 REPLIES 412

I dont no if u can do anything yet no1 has gotten bk to me xx

Best Answer

There is no discomfort its the screen !!!!! It cracked in the heat its disgusting ... strange as ther r many other people commenting with the same problem 

Best Answer
0 Votes

On holiday in Rome last week; very hot. My watch was on a table and when I woke up in the morning had a crack through the screen! Sounds very much like a design fault!

Best Answer

Fit bit live chat just told me user damage offered 25% off I disagreed spoke to someone else they are replacing it

Best Answer
Hope I ha e same result, pretty cross at the moment. On Live chat as we speak

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I had a very similar experience. Fitbit just seems to produce low quality items and then makes profit on it by giving a discount to get a new one.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

A warm welcome to the Community @Sarah7523@Jaynes and @Lottiebod thanks for the information.

I would like you to take a look at our warranty policy@Jaynes I am glad to hear that you have received a 25% discount, you can use that to purchase any of our Fitbit trackers. You can check this page to compare the trackers that like you the most. @Sarah7523 and @Lottiebod Have you received good news from our support team?

Hope to hear from you soon. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

My screen also cracked in the heat when I was on holiday in April.  I've been offered 25% off which isn't on as the screen should be able to stand heat!  I'm not happy at all. 

Best Answer
I havnt been offered anything they arnt even.readin the emails properly ..
its clear to me that I hav written them well enough to be understood as you
are the 4th person to be intouch with me havin had the same problem xxxxxx
Best Answer

I had the same problem last week when on holiday. I emailed them and they sent one back requesting where and when I bought it and a picture of the damage. Sent the information they requested and they said they would send out a replacement free of charge. I emailed them Saturday and received my replacement yesterday. 

Good luck with yours 

Best Answer

I'm beginning to think it depends on who answers your query!  I've sent another email.  Im not happy.  I won't be using the 25% discount code and purchasing yet another fitbit.  

Best Answer
Ah thank u thats a little bit of hope xxxxxx
Best Answer
0 Votes
I am delighted. Fit bit are sending me a new Tracker 🙂

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
I contacted them on Live Chat. Had to forward a photo of cracked screen and they have now dispatched a new tracker. Very pleased.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Which Fitbit do you have?  Apparently with some the straps can't be replaced so they have to replace the whole thing.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Live chat is the way to do it people, no emails. My replacement has been dispatched am awaiting its arrival

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have still only had two emails sent from support .. and now have 7 other
users with the exact same problem as me who have had very quick responses
and the problem rectified ... they have been sent new fitbit charge 2 ...
im still waiting to have the problem properly acknowledged
Very disapointed
Charlotte
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi there I now hav a replacement on the way do I need to box the broken
fitbit do u no ?
Best Answer
0 Votes

No they tell you to recycle the old one. All details should be in the email they send. Glad you have a replacement coming 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes