Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen too dim and vibrations not working on Charge 3

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Loved my Charge 3 until the display dimmed. I have rebooted, and reset in settings but no improvement. Can only read screen in blacked out room - not much use to me. Then the vibrations stopped. Again rebooted and reset. So I can’t get a 250 steps reminder OR check to see how many steps I’ve done in the last hour. Purchased just over 2 years ago. Advice welcome.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Make sure you are not in Sleep Mode; that dims the screen and prevents notifications such as 250 step reminder.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

Thanks Johnny, checked and sleep mode Was set to come on 10pm - 6am. Now set to off, still can’t see screen in normal light though.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Janesandwith. Welcome to the community forums! @JohnnyRow It's great to see you around and thanks for your input! 

@Janesandwith I'm glad to hear that you love your Charge 3 and thank you for the steps you performed and for following the suggested tips. At this time, if you have also checked that the brightness setting on your Charge 3 is correct, I recommend contacting our Support Team for further assistance. You can contact them through chat or over the phone and you can click here to get connected. 

Please make sure to explain the inconvenience and the troubleshooting steps you've followed, this way they can assist you from there. 

See you around. 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Customer Support advise that, after 30 months use, my Fitbit is beyond help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Janesandwith Thank you for your reply and for the information. 

I was able to see that you have reached out to our Support Team and they are still working on your case. I recommend keeping an eye on your inbox since they will be getting in touch with you soon. 

On a side note, take into consideration that replacement devices are provided for products within the warranty period. If your original Charge 3 is no longer under warranty a discount could be an available option but some conditions and requirements should be met. For more information about our warranty policy, I recommend visiting the following link: https://www.fitbit.com/global/us/legal/returns-and-warranty

See you around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Exact same issues... I think they heard me thinking about upgrading...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is doing that as well and some of the numbers are dull or fading.   I have had mine almost 2 years too.  I can barely see the clock and have to put on a bolder clock.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @7378jmt@Lynders. Welcome to the community forums. 

Thank you for your feedback and for the troubleshooting steps you've followed. If you haven't done so, I'd recommend trying to change the clock face on your Charge 3. Some users have been able to fix this after changing the clock face. 

If that doesn't work, I recommend reaching out to our Support Team and they will be glad to further assist. Click here to get connected and please make sure to explain the inconvenience and the steps you followed, this way they can provide a prompt resolution.

@7378jmt Currently, we don't have an upgrade program but our team can review how to help.  

See you around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes