Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set an alarm when time asleep goal is achieved?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I was wondering if i can set an silent alarm when my time asleep goal is achieved?

I know i can set a certain hour to wake up (e.g. 7 am), but i would like to get up when i reach the time asleep goal. Is it possible?

Thanks in advance

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone. Thanks for stopping by @EmmSea.

Thanks for the details shared in your post. Note that currently this feature is not available for Fitbit, but the idea was already shared with us, for that reason @Rich_Laue advised you to go to the Feature suggestion board, so you can vote for the idea, this always helps to attract more attention from the team of developers for possible updates. 

You can find more information here, in how Feature Suggestion works, from beginning to end.

See you around. 

Cindy|Community Moderator| Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
17 REPLIES 17

It's nice to see you around @AmayaE! You can set a sleep schedule in the Fitbit app to help you meet your sleep goal and maintain a more consistent pattern of sleep. 

You can set either a bedtime or a wake-up time target or both targets. Setting both targets can help you achieve a more consistent sleep cycle. 

If you have five or more sleep logs, we’ll estimate your wake-up time target based on the time you typically wake up each day. Your bedtime target will default to the time you should go to sleep in order to meet your sleep goal; however, you can manually change one or both of these times.

If you have fewer than five sleep logs, you can manually set both the bedtime and wake-up time targets.

To meet your target, simply go to sleep or wake up within 30 minutes of your target. If you meet your target, a star will appear in the sleep schedule graph. If you set both bedtime and wake-up time targets but only meet one, you won’t see a star. 

For instructions on how to set, change, or remove a bedtime or wake-up time target, do the following:

1. Under Account, tap the three buttons on the upper right.
  2. Tap Settings.
  3. Tap Sleep.
  4. Tap the target you want to set or edit.
  5. Select the new time and tap OK. To delete the target, tap Remove.

Setting a bedtime reminder can help you maintain a consistent sleep schedule by prompting you to unwind 30 minutes before your bedtime target. You can set a bedtime reminder without setting a bedtime target.

If you turn on the reminder, you'll receive a push notification on the mobile device paired with your tracker.

Most people want to receive a bedtime reminder on work or school nights. If your schedule is different, you can edit the days you receive a reminder.

If this doesn't answer your question, would you mind to clarify the exact idea you want? I'll be here!

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

I'd love to see a wake up alarm that goes off after sleep goal is met. 

I am often on call  at work and sleep over before heading home just before the next shift starts. 

Depending on if I get called in I go back to bed for a few hours when I get home. 

Fitbit does well adding the two sleeps together but I'd love to see it wake me up when I've met my goal during my second sleep 🙂 

Best Answer

Actually @PixieApples your tracker only does have the job of tracking sleep. The magic and the combining all happens in the cloud after yhe tracker has synced.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have set mine to all day sync and my phones Bluetooth is always on.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you found a solution?

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's still not possible in 2018. Get a Garmin

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had a lovely piano piece playing and now it is just a fibration. How do I switch it back to the music?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @CindyIvy I'm not sure what your asking or how it pertains to a smart alarm to wake the user. 

What device/app is playing this piano piece. Your tracker doesn't have the ability to play music or the piano. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Rich!

Thank you for answering. That is so interesting! The piano music came on again this morning. It is coming from phone, however when I check all of my phone settings, I do not have any alarms set. In fact, when I try to set the alarm on my phone, I checked all of the possible options for sounds, including my ITUNES and none of them are this same short piano piece that plays. The only other device that I have linked to my phone is my fitbit so that is why I thought it was coming from the fit bit. Also, the music starts playing (when it works) at 6:30 which is the exact time that I have my fitbit programmed to lightly vibrate to wake me up.

If it is possibly coming from the fitbit, my question would still be, why does it play some mornings, but not others? If it is possibly from my phone, then I will have to check with Apply. It is the best alarm I have ever had, so once I figure out where it is coming from, I want to find a way to keep it coming.

Thank you for checking to rule out for sure that it is NOT coming from FItbit. To me, that is the most logical place it could be coming from (programmed to make the sound from my phone) because there is no sound like that linked to the sounds on my phone. Also, it comes on at the exact same time that my fitbit vibrates. That seems too coincidental to not be linked.

Cindy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Cindy,

You may may have figured this out by now, but the piano piece you’re talking about is probably coming from the new Bedtime feature on iPhones! Bedtime is the middle tab in the clock app, between alarm and stopwatch. You can use it to set your bedtime and wake up time, and it wakes you up with a lovely calming piano piece! I had a couple of issues with this feature automatically setting up when I didn’t realize it had an alarm, so you may want to check that - whatever the case, I’m pretty sure that was the source of the piano piece! It may have been set at the same time as your Fitbit by coincidence, or maybe they shared your sleep data to set them up at the same time? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Why not simply answer: no we don't have that feature?

Best Answer

@AmayaE  same!

I have a sleep goal of 7hrs and I know when I should go to bed and when I should wake up based on the Fitbit analysis of my sleep history. It would be awesome if I could set my Fitbit to alarm once I have reached 7 hours, regardless of when I fell asleep. 

Best Answer

Still not possible in 2021, does garmin have this feature?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since we already have a Feature Request for thus option, why add to a dead conversation among fitbit users, @EmmSea 

As for Garmin, they have the same type of Smart Alarm the Fitbit has, but not A's easy to set. This is where the alarm goes Off while the user is in a light sleep. ;

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was trying to find out if this feature was available with Fitbit and this is the thread I came across. Your feature request link didn’t take me anywhere so not sure what you mean, is this something in the works? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone. Thanks for stopping by @EmmSea.

Thanks for the details shared in your post. Note that currently this feature is not available for Fitbit, but the idea was already shared with us, for that reason @Rich_Laue advised you to go to the Feature suggestion board, so you can vote for the idea, this always helps to attract more attention from the team of developers for possible updates. 

You can find more information here, in how Feature Suggestion works, from beginning to end.

See you around. 

Cindy|Community Moderator| Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution!
Best Answer

I am trying to find the same feature, I am looking to upgrade my inspire 2 to charge 5 but found the so called smart alarm feature only wake you up up to 30 minutes before the setting time which is quite disappointed. If it's can extended to up to 3 hours before setted time or just go off after a specified amount of sleep time, it would be great.

Best Answer